Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Score - 1960s 26-incher!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latenight71
    commented on 's reply
    oops. this red one isn't mine. i only included because it has the same wheels as my 26.

• Troutman
    replied
    My only complaint of the old Webers from the 70s and 80s was the lack of the ash cleanout system and the one touch vents. It was a messy deal catching ash in those trays and trying to detach them without spilling it all over. Those two upgrades alone really made for a much better cooker. That said, the old buoy design has sure made that cooker a clear winner over time for the backyard warrior !!

Leave a comment:

• Rob Johnston
    replied
    Looking sweet!

Leave a comment:

• latenight71
    replied
    Troutman

I was thinking the same thing about the 26 not going back to the 1960s but found this on Weber website.

"Starting in 1961, we had The Easterner (18 ½â€), The Statesman (22 ½â€) and the Aristocrat (26 ¾”) in colors, one of which was called "Hunter’s Pink". To anyone’s eye or description, they were red…….the first red kettles sold by Weber. . . . .Through the ‘60s, we added colors like chestnut-coppertone, key lime, yellow, glen blue, avocado and chocolate, to name a few."
    source - https://www.weber.com/US/en/blog/beh...ber-29921.html

However, after looking over my 26 more carefully and doin' some searching I'm pretty sure it's most likely a 1974-75-ish model and not a 1964. The bottom vents have large tabs, which started in 1975. a bit confused on why the set screws are in the legs, which were suposedly eliminated in 1973 when the patent was filed, but i'm satisfied with calling it a mid '70s kettle.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    To be honest I didn't even know they offered a 26 back then. Nice find for sure !! I noticed the bent handle, I had an old 22 that I flung the lid one day and bent mine just like that. Brought back memories.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10 and 13. I believe we had in the 60's. Outside NYC.

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• latenight71
    commented on 's reply
    i recall 8 channels on TV growing up (counting PBS) and watching whatever was on at the moment and relishing every second. if you go back that far then we are swimming in the same boat.

• TripleB
    replied
    Yeah baby!!! Love finding or getting stuff like this. I really like the wheel pic. The wheel construction and bolt assembly on the mid 60's look much sturdier than the '75 model.

Thanks for posting.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    replied
    Wow!!! Nice score!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    LMAO, Brother>>>

Th shots with th fishbowl platform shoes is definitely from "I'm Gonna Git You, Sucka!"

It was also fun to see Harsky an Stutch... lol
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 20, 2021, 09:31 PM.

• latenight71
    replied
    Mr. Bones

I dug up some back story on my Huggy Bear kettle. Seems he had quite the ambition in his younger years!!

thought you'd enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Great find for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Mojo0209
    replied
    That’s awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Suh-Weet Vintage 26.75" incher, Amigo!

Also, Lovin th Moniker, 'Huggy Bear'...

I Certainly go back, least that far...

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here