Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips using Gabby's Grill's Santa Maria attachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips using Gabby's Grill's Santa Maria attachment

cello to all.

So, I've been using a Gabby's Grills Santa Maria attachment for a while now but only with charcoal. i'd like to use red oak logs this time around and am curious about bottom vent setting. a lot of Santa Maria style grills i've seen don't have bottom vents. should I consider closing the bottom vents so it burns more like a fire pit? might it burn slower or not as hot? any experience with this is appreciated. Thank ya much!

I've used mine once and left it wide open.

Comment

The top and bottom vents on the Weber Kettle were designed to allow, and control, air flow to the fuel, when the kettle lid is in place. With the lid off I don't know how the vent settings would affect things, or make any difference at all.

Comment

I run it with the vent closed. But it doesn't matter, as you have unlimited oxygen supply 'from above' anyway.

Comment

• latenight71
          latenight71 commented
          Editing a comment
          This was my thought as well. I think i'll close them see how it rolls.

I was hoping this thread would become filled with santa maria style grilling advice and tips.

Comment

I leave mine wise open, I want good air flow. I don’t want to encourage smoldering. I use both charcoal and splits.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here