Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What off brand cover for my son's 26" Kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What off brand cover for my son's 26" Kettle

I know off brand covers have been discussed several times here, but I couldn't find any of the threads. I went back over two years in the Weber forum but didn't see anything. My Son is looking for a cover and was shocked at the price of the Weber cover...

Thanks

Good question. I gave up covering my cookers because the covers trap dew and they never dry out.

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, I have noticed that trapped dew too. So in between rains, I will heat up my grill just to keep it dry. This works for me.
      Long live BBQ and PBR too.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      That was my thought too untill my 26 starting rusting and the welds failed. Now I'm covering any grill not under a roof.

I got this for mine and never felt like anything else would be much of an improvement

Comment

I have covers from The Cover Store on the web that are made well, are thicker than Weber covers and less expensive.

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        I was ready to pull the trigger on one of these for my Blackstone griddle. I ended up going with another one from Home Depot, but The Cover Store makes some really nice stuff that you can customize.

• kjbarth
        kjbarth commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 on The Cover Store. The cover material lasts a long time, is basically waterproof, and lets water vapor under the cover escape. I have a cover for my big Weber Summit E670, WSM, and one of my 22 kettles, and also have a cap cover on my hot tub.

I bought this one for $21. Seems pretty good for the price.

Comment

Bought 2 iCover brand covers from Amazon. Decent quality and less than half the cost of Weber.

Comment

Thanks all. I have passed the recommendations to my Son.

Comment

I don't need a cover. but if I did, I'd have to look at this one pretty hard, and it comes in 4 sizes. Just click on "view more" after the link below loads. HTH

https://www.costco.com/black-canvas-...100391671.html
            Last edited by zinfella; March 30, 2021, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              That's not a cover for a 26" kettle.

• zinfella
              zinfella commented
              Editing a comment
              It does allow room in case he ads a Performer like table.

Coversandall.com I have three of these at the house and two at the lake house. They are phenomenal. For $60 bucks they are definitely worthy the money. I’ve had the three at my house for 4 years now - they are under the patio, although one does get half day sun and is still doing well. Not brittle and hasn’t faded. The material is sunbrella, so holds up well.

Comment

• ofelles
              ofelles commented
              Editing a comment
              2nd this. 2 years on my Klose grill and still looks new.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here