Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1975 Red Kettle Score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1975 Red Kettle Score

I do a lot of craigslist searching for random items - Weber kettles are one of my frequent search terms. I came across an interesting one yesterday and actually was able to pick it up today. I scored this sweet 1975 Weber Bar-B-Q Kettle. It came complete and seems to be all origianl with the exception of a replacement lift handle (albeit in correct wood and with "Weber" logo). the thing is pretty immaculate with very little use for its age and it's shinier even than my 1984 Blue kettle, with only a few exterior blemishes where powdercoating has come off. pretty stoked. only drove 12 miles and paid $80. I know, I know, coulda bought a new one . . . . but not a red one! thing is legit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210324_155927666.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	1008451

Name:	IMG_20210324_155912227.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	1008447

Name:	IMG_20210324_160029128.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	1008448

Name:	IMG_20210324_155959335.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1008450

Name:	IMG_20210324_160045210.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	1008446

Name:	IMG_20210324_155903537.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1008449

Holy cow! That’s awesome!

Comment

Wow. Red is one of the hardest colors to keep from fading.

Comment

• latenight71
        latenight71 commented
        Editing a comment
        i hear ya. i may let this one stay indoors.

My Vintage Red (Maureen) an my Vintage Blue (Elwood) welcomes yer new addition to yer Weber Family!
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; March 26, 2021, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• latenight71
        latenight71 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, Gwen and Bob thank y'all for the welcome.

Now all ya need is a white one.

Comment

Nice find!

Comment

Nice! My first was red also. Gave it away. Don’t know what year it was. Keep up the good eye!

Comment

Awesome! I love those old kettles with the daisy wheel vents on the bottom. That one looks to be in amazing shape for being 45 years old.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Great find. I found a 70's Brownie about 10 years ago. These older Webers are my favorite. As mentioned above, I like the daisy wheel bottom vents. Get a Vortex if you don't already have one.

My last old 70's Weber got made into a planter when the bottom finally rusted out.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by TripleB; March 25, 2021, 10:19 AM.

Comment

wow, we get excited over vintage Webers like normal people get excited over vintage cars lol

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ah'ma Fervently hopin that that's bout as close as we'uns ever come, to resemblin what passes fer "Normal People", nowadays, Brother!

I agree with Henry Ford when it comes to color choice. You van buy any color you want, as long as it's black!

Comment

Nice find.

Comment

Awesome find!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here