Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PowerFlamer Propane 160 - WOK Burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PowerFlamer Propane 160 - WOK Burner

Not sure if this is the right Channel but the Outdoor Stir-fry WOK Burners are back in stock. These are the ones Kenji recommended. I ordered one this morning.

http://outdoorstirfry.com/product/po...r-propane-160/

https://www.seriouseats.com/2020/08/...er-review.html

(Picture from Serious Eats - Mine is on order still)

Click image for larger version  Name:	wok-burner-test-powerflamer.jpg Views:	42 Size:	257.3 KB ID:	989773
    Last edited by Old Glory; February 15, 2021, 04:51 AM.

That looks serious.

Comment

• JCGrill
      JCGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      Scares the heck out of me just looking at a picture with no flame!

I have kenjis #2 recommendation, which is no slouch either.

Comment

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      Was there much of an adjustment moving from regular stove the the HOB?

• Polarbear777
      Polarbear777 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. I will never use the regular stove again.

I no longer have to hope I have enough heat to actually stir fry vs steam.

I actually used a cast iron wok inside because I could get it heat loaded and it would hold enough heat to work. But I’d have to take time to reheat between small batches. Tedious.

What else may I say,
    Happy Woking to you and PBR too. [that almost doesn't sound right.]

Comment

Looks so cool! Can’t wait for your first cook!

Comment

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure I'll be burning a few dinners before I get the hang of it.

Just don’t turn it on "turbo", ease into it. You can always "undercook", then do a little extra if needed vs. killin stuff.

Comment

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        Will definitely take some practice. I'm worried about the garlic and onions they brown very quickly. I think protein and sturdy veg can handle the heat.

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Some have been known to hold off on the garlic, onions & ginger til later in the cook so as to not burn the fixins.

I just went to order this and it's a 3-6 month wait time. I'm bummed because I planned on getting it for the summer.

Comment

Old Glory Did you receive your burner? How long did it take to ship?

Comment

• Old Glory
          Old Glory commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it is great. Took about two weeks once in stock.

• Old Glory
          Old Glory commented
          Editing a comment
          Attjack These are pricey but are in stock. They look nice with the ceramic burners. Rust can be an issue with the PowerFlame 160.

Cook your favorite authentic Chinese recipes using the best x72 high-heat wok cart kit on the market! Learn why restaurants and homes alike love the EZ-Wok!

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Old Glory I'll have to take a close look. I was going to get the cover for the 160. It would sit next to the EVO when in use and that area definitely catches weather. But the plan was to build a cabinet so it could be stored directly underneath most of the time.

Sorry to revive an old post, but I have a question about the PowerFlamer that I was hoping you could answer…what is the "tank or bottle" option and the "stabilizer" option?

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          DO NOT be sorry fer reviving an old post!
          My only regret is I don’t have an answer fer ya., but someone will.

• Histrix
          Histrix commented
          Editing a comment
          The stabilizers are leg attachments that can hold added weight to make the tripod more stable. The tank/bottle option is a brass adapter that will allow use with either a 20# propane tank or the small propane bottles like camp stoves often use.
          Long Leg Stabilizers - a set of two - are to secure on two out of three long legs of a long leg burner. Heavy object can be placed on top to prevent the burner from tipping during cooking.

• Old Glory
          Old Glory commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi happy to help. The Bottle vs Tank means being set up to use the smaller screw on disposable propane bottles or the full size refillable tanks. With the tank set up you get a hose that connects the burner and the tank similar to a gas grill. I got the tank set up. The stabilizer is a flat metal foot that is clamped to one leg so you can weigh it down and create more stability. I have it but think it is unnecessary. I would pass on that option.

Hoped it helped there SoulHunter07 .

Comment

Dang, I'm glad you revived the thread but now there's another gadget I can't be happy without

Comment

Thanks so much, that was super helpful! Now, if only they can get them in stock 🙃!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here