Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

She said....Buy Whatever You Want!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Langelier is designed to put the ultimate grill in a special home or small restaurant. Equipped with nearly all the features of our flagship Infiernos, these grills are slimmed down one notch to fit better in a home setting or small kitchen line. There is more information on this brand new famil

*drops mic*

Comment

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! Only $29 grand fully equipped! Such a bargain. Maybe after I win the lottery.

• JakeT
      JakeT commented
      Editing a comment
      haha Jfrosty27, I mean...she did say buy whatever you want right?

• JakeT
      JakeT commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess I missed the "budget" part of the original post...got too excited for the Grillworks

The SmokeFire issues do seem to be worked out. Pellet grills are about convenience first. I feel that their happiest customers come from 2 places. Those that have only cooked on a gas grill or those that are tired of or don’t have time to tend a fire. My love for them came from running all over the place for kids’ activities and being able to load up a grill to cook a ton of food and not have to tend to it so I could get other chores done on rare days at home. I think the SmokeFire probably produces the best results on sub $1500 pellet grills. However, it’s not the same as a charcoal smoker or stick burner.

You already seen to have cookers that can do anything, so you have to figure out what you really want different. Do you want to sling logs? Do you want more convenience for overnight cooks? Do you want a visual centerpiece?

The Weber Summit Charcoal grill is great grill too. It won’t do a lot more than your 26 can do, it just does it more efficiently and probably a little easier. The Primo grills make a great visual centerpiece and seem to perform as well as they look, but pretty much the same functionality as well. There’s several nice offsets out there. Lang, Horizon, Yoder, etc.

Similar to what @jfmrris suggested, you could also build a nice table for your 26 and accessorize it with SnS, Fireboard, Vortex, rotisserie, etc.
    Last edited by glitchy; September 21, 2020, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• RainKing
      RainKing commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info. I’m slowly realizing from comments that maybe spending a few hundred on accessories might be the way to go.

I am beginning to love my Fast Eddy PG500 pellet pooper more and more.
    I love the fact that it has 4 cooking zones and 1 zone is direct heat up to 700*.
    The direct heat is a bit small but I can easily do 4 steaks, or half a dozen burgers or my all time favorite HOT DOGS by the dozen.

Comment

RainKing I like glitchy 's suggestion of building a table for your 26" kettle. I've got a Weber Performer Deluxe (22" kettle with side table, gas ignition and charcoal storage). It's probably my favorite grill for many reasons, but the large working surface is a big part of that. There are a lot of builds online showing how folks built a table and set their 26" Weber kettle into it, making it part of an awesome outdoor kitchen setup. I think I wouldn't mind a setup with a kettle at one end, and a griddle at the other. Someone here built something like that recently, and posted pictures of it.

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        I never understood why Weber never made a 26” Performer. Could you imagine the reaction here if they did and put in a charcoal ring, diffuser plate, probe port, and fan hole?

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        glitchy I think they don't do it because it would cannibalize sales of the WSCGC. After all, the 26" kettle might not be insulated, but it would be bigger than the 24" Summit.

The Lang 36" Original Patio is right at $1500. It might be a 6hr drive for you to pick it up if you want to save on freight.

I enjoy mine. I wish I had one from Shirley Fabrication but it's more expensive and they have a waiting list.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        I would love a Lang patio model. They make some nice stuff.

Ok I have to put in my two cents worth for Kamados. I love mine, there are others here that do also. Once you learn how to use it you'll be amazed at all it can do. It can make one loading of charcoal go along way, hold temp better than the oven in your house, and produce that thin blue smoke we all love. It will bake bread and pizza too. With the addition of a Smobot it's a set and forget deal. It's an option you could look at.

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        The SnS Kamado would fit his price range, too

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here