Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's going to be a struggle, but I'm beating the MCS right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's going to be a struggle, but I'm beating the MCS right now

Sold the Woodwind yesterday to a gentleman super excited to buy it and I'm now down to really just 2 grills (I do have the Q100 if needed for travel and the infrared steak grill the company wouldn't take back - but still refunded me on). I currently have no other grill that I'm drooling over thinking that I must have. With the SmokeFire and WSCG both capable of each doing just about any cook imaginable, there's not open tabs to another grill lingering for weeks on my browser. I'm not lurking on any private Facebook groups to glean information about a product I think that I'm interested in. How long will I be able to keep it curbed? It sure feels good for the moment.

"...right now."

Comment

Enjoy it while you can.....

Comment

I've got a copper kettle you could fly down and roll back to your place.

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          I do like the copper, but kettles don’t really tempt me.

Got an offset? A friend of mine just built one from scratch out of propane tanks.

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          Been there, tried that, too much attention needed for my ADD.

Don't you need a griddle? Pizza oven? Air fryer? Rotisserie? Wok? Infrared burner? Sous Vider?

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          Have electric indoor griddle, customized big joetisserie for WSCG, Ninja Air Fryer, and Anova Sous Vide. WSCG will bury temp gauge for pizza. Thanks for the support.

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          ...and I’m burnt out on sugary sauced Chinese food, ask my daughter that wants it all the time ;-)

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          That WSCG may just have killed it for you! At least for a while.

I find it hard to believe that the guy who has bought like a dozen pellet grills in search of the perfect one has a cured case of MCS.... just saying!

Although I will second the fact that having a less cluttered backyard is a good thing. I've got 4 outdoor cookers, not counting 2 different outdoor cookers that are just burner stands for big pots. I had 6-7 a while back, when storing grills for my son and son in law, and before giving one away to my daughter. I wouldn't mind getting rid of even more, but don't want to sacrifice capability.

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL, only 9 others if you count the first SmokeFire too. It kinda makes mine the most expensive SmokeFire ever. I learned a lot along the way and several of the upgrades were for things like wanting more space or to get some major technology upgrades.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here