Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do all y'all put your grates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do all y'all put your grates?

This isn't a facetious question. I've got 5 times more grates and fire baskets than I have cookers, and I have lots of those. Now I'm eyeing a new set of grates. I'm looking for either a genius epiphany or a Homer Simpson 'Doh!' moment here to give me ideas on how to organize things.

I've got stainless and CI grates that are round and square, expanding warmers, spinning, removable centers, flip-up sides. I've got stainless and CI fire baskets, drip trays, griddle inserts, conical baskets and two-zone inserts.

I've got a house, a yard, a deck, a garage, a basement and a pantry; but I might have to keep these in my expedition... but my dog uses the cargo area as a kennel... LoL

I don’t have more grates than cookers but anything bbq related is in my bbq shed.

Comment

Perhaps a pegboard rack, somewhere in remote land?

Sounds like a requisite collection, if one has Kettled more than a spell, ime...I'll not detail my grate collection, fer example. Crash th Server.

Comment

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        Belly Laugh!

Build a station for your kettle
      Attached Files

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        VERY nice!

• fcy
        fcy commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow 🤩! Do you happen to have plans for it by any chance?

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep! My redhead, Lucille, does need a home of her own. I wonder if my Blackdragon shelves can be 'fit' to the next size down Kettle - I'm formulating a plan here that gets a new cook station AND another kettle!

I always put whatever I am not using at the moment somewhere I can trip over them. That way I never forget I have them. 😄

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Same! Never knew this was intentional, I thought it was laziness on my part. Now I feel so much better that it's actually though out and strategized!

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, like on the garage floor. 👍

I have a couple carts with shelves on wheels in my garage where I keep everything related to outdoor cooking. This works well but it's not quite as organized as it sounds.

Comment

For my round kettle grates and round ring attachments for the KJ, I put hooks on the wall of garage. For the half moon grates for my KJ, I took a rib rack and use that to hold those on a shelf.

Comment

I did a small section of steel pegboard. Not pretty but simple and effective.

Attached Files

Comment

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, that looks way to neat.

• JGo37
            JGo37 commented
            Editing a comment
            This is in fact what I need to do - take Mr. Bones suggestion for pegboard and execute like you have.

• JGo37
            JGo37 commented
            Editing a comment
            I also see I can't be lazy - I have to clean them after use in order to store them properly. Darnit...

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here