Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eyeing a Napoleon prestige pro, but do I really need gas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eyeing a Napoleon prestige pro, but do I really need gas?

As the title says, I’m considering buying a Napoleon gasser. Now, I also own a black stone griddle. My other fuel types are an electric masterbuilt smoker, a traeger junior that unfortunately either needs repairs or upgrades, and in the future I am planning to have a stick burner built.

i love the idea of the rotisserie that the Napoleon has. Two big chickens at a time baby! But I need to view this decision without the rose colored glasses. Do I really need a gasser? What would be my benefit to having this thing over simply having my griddle, the stick burner, and a pellet griddle.

i could have a bit of addiction to buying cooking things I don’t need, there’s that too! 😆

Look at it as another arrow in your quiver not another cooker

Comment

I love my Weber Gasser loaded with upside down GrillGrates. It's bigger than what I need personally, but so is my pellet smoker. I cook for others and I grilled a nice batch or 2 or 3 of burgers to feed about 30-40 on the gasser.

Comment

Gots me 'a few cookers', ain't never had me no gas grill... jus th way life has worked out, in my case...

Heared me nuthin but good good dang things bout some Napoleons, I must say...

I'm original from Muhzurrah, from right over near ExSpgs, 6~ miles betwixt Family Farms from Jesse James...Clay County...an, yup...I can play banjo...

Looks like yer in Muhzurrah, as well, by th map an demographics, vs 'Missouri', even though yer kinda close to th Lou...

Reckon, ya can even speak / decipher some Arkie, if / when needed lol!

Oh, I've bought many things I figgered out that I didn't really need fer my kitchen; I jus gift em away to acolytes, or gift em forward, online, an go cruise th interwebs, again, an buy me up some more lol!
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 7, 2020, 04:19 PM.

Comment

It’s called MCS. More Cooker Syndrome. Never goes away, can’t be beaten. Just buy it. You will fins ways to move it into your cooker rotation.

Comment

I didn’t think I needed a gasser when mine bit the dust. But it does have its place, and my wife uses it so I just bought a new Weber S-345. What’s funny is I just grilled some steaks tonight on my kettle....Ha

Comment

Originally posted by Jfrosty27 View Post
              It’s called MCS. More Cooker Syndrome. Never goes away, can’t be beaten. Just buy it. You will fins ways to move it into your cooker rotation.
              I only fear that aside from rotisserie, I would prefer the flavor of the others for everything. for burgers the blackstone makes some good groceries!

Comment

I have a Napolean gas grill, a Primo XL and a Traeger Pellet smoker and I use all three. I cooked bacon and sausages this morning on the gas grill. I like the side burner too. The natural gas grill is good for quick cooks.

Comment

Whether or not you get gas, depends on what you eat.

Comment

I think you need it.

Comment

I rehomed my gas grill when I got my Blackstone griddle. I was never really a fan, but I honestly miss it for quick weeknight grilling jobs when I don't want to mess with charcoal. I would go ahead and get that if you're on the fence.

Comment

I have gas, charcoal and a flat top. Use all 3 often. Just cant have enough cookers....go for it!

Comment

Yup! I have pit-barrel, wok oven, Lodge sportsman, Weber 22 & a Napoleon gasser. My cooks are dominated by the Weber & Napoleon. The roto on the Nappy is great as is the IR side burner. You can get a tube for chips from N or use a pouch. I use both. Roto is bomb.

Comment

• Chriscooks
                            Chriscooks commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The rotisserie is the primary factor of my desire to get the Napoleon. There is something about rotisserie.

As with others here, I have charcoal, a griddle, and a gasser. In my case it’s a 6-burner Weber Summit Platinum that I’ve have for 15 years. If I ever get rid of it, I would have a SERIOUS look at a Napoleon Prestige Pro.

I LOVE the rotisserie. That alone is almost worth the price of admission for me. I also really like it for short fast cooks...especially if I’m pressed for time or don’t feel like fussing about. Mine can get raging hot in minutes...far faster than I could ever get a chimney lit. It just another tool at my disposal. Before I got "serious" about smoking and the rest, it was my only grill...for years.

OTOH, you do realize that you’re asking a bunch of MCS addicts if you should get another grill?!
                          OF COURSE WE’RE GONNA SAY YES! LOL

Comment

Charcoal is king but I would never want to go without a good gas grill.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here