Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow N Sear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    I actually get 12+ at 225 with my original SNS, somehow...

• Scuba steve
    replied
    Thank everyone for your response, I learned what I need to do from your support. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Eh shoot or ya could juss blow on it as yer knock in the ash.

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    As Rusty says, it’s good to breath.

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    You are spot on, Brother. I have 4 ea V1.0 SnS, 1 XL 1.0 (One 2.0 XL) spare as a backup, tucked away. fer my 26, an no knock was ever perceived, even by our most sensitive scientific equipment that we currently possess, here at FBB. FWD.

• Rod
    replied
    I also like to put some foil over the food to shield it from ash when I do a sweep and add fuel.

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    replied
    The key is to clear some ashes and refuel before the temperature drops too much. It's a long hard climb when you get to where the charcoal is almost depleted and you are still hours from being done with the cook.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    I will second the above advice to stir or knock the ash down at about the 3-4 hr mark, then do a sweep/clear with the handle if you have the Premium kettle with the ash sweep vent handle. A re-fuel is usually needed around the 7 or 8 hr mark if memory serves, and an ash knock and sweep then as well. This used to be on SnSGrills' website in their instructions, I am surprised to see it missing.

Leave a comment:

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    This isn’t a knock on the SlowNSear, because I think it a great tool. But, prefer the fuse or snake method when cooking something that will take longer than 6-8 hours, because you don’t have to refuel. Admittedly it is a little more trouble to set up with the water pan.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    replied
    What he said, I knock that ash down around hour #3 and add a few unlit if needed.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    That's the way to do it.

• RustyHaines
    commented on 's reply
    Yep me too. It has to breathe. Happy your cook was successful.

• DavidNorcross
    commented on 's reply
    What he said ^^^^

• MBMorgan
    commented on 's reply
    Another +1

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis