Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High-end charcoal vs gas grill opinions wanted - completing outdoor kitchen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have several cookers. One is a Weber Gasser which I use only occasionally but would never be without a Gasser. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Comment

IMHO, it looks like a gasser would fit you the best based on what your looking for. However, the parts on a gasser eventually wear out and have to be replaced. I know nothing about a Napoleon, but I do know Webers. A Weber gasser like a Genesis works great, dependable and is rebuildable. My neighbor bought a new Genesis and was gonna put his old Genesis on the curb. I took it and rebuilt it (grates, burners, wheels, new rotisserie motor, knobs, etc.) for under $250. Works like a champ.

So the moral to my story is, if you buy a gasser, make sure you can repair/replace parts easily. My sisters-in-law has an expensive gasser and parts are hard to come by.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        I will vote for Weber gas grills solely for warranty - 10 years bumper to bumper now, but used to be as long as 25 years on parts of the grill. I have a Genesis 2 burner bought in 2002 that is still partially under warranty, and while I have replaced the stainless steel burners and flavorizer bars and a coupe of other things, it is still going strong. I did upgrade it with Grillgrates, and just 3 weeks ago took it to live at my daughter's house, since she didn't have a grill.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        My Blaze has a solid lifetime warranty.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Compare warranties for the top gas grill brands and choose the gas grill that fits your needs.

I will second TripleB and say that Weber is great for warranty and more importantly parts availability when the grill is 15 or 20 years old. I can still get parts, sometimes 3rd party, for a 20 year old Weber gas grill. Much harder to get parts for some of the other brands.

If you don't need a rotisserie or have one for your kamado already, I do recommend the Genesis II series of grills. I don't have the budget for the Weber Summit, but would like them if I had the cash.

Comment

It might not be what you have in mind but if you chose the right one (which is going to be expensive) I would LOVE to have a high end built in place pizza oven. the real deal. pretty versatile and can cook way more than just pizza.

Comment

If you are looking at high end stuff:
          Gas:
          DCS
          Fire Magic
          Hestan
          Weber Summit (Not as High End as above but I think the best higer end grills)

Charcoal:
          M1 Grill - can grill, smoke, and Santa Maria Grill. Also can cook with wood fires.
          Lone Star Grilz Adjustable Charcoal Grill & Smoker
          Klose Grill Chef

Comment

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            2nd the Klose Grill Chef. Have one and love it.

Satchelpig I recently got a Fire Magic Aurora A660i. It has the same technical specs as the higher priced Echelon but less bells and whistles. Excellent quality and great performer. If you're looking at charcoal/wood, try sunterraoutdoor.com great product and affordable for what it is. I have an argentinian w/ rear brasero and love cooking on that thing.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here