Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit Boss Memphis Ultimate 4-in-1 Gas & Charcoal Combo Grill with Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pit Boss Memphis Ultimate 4-in-1 Gas & Charcoal Combo Grill with Smoker

My wife and I decided to buy another smoker for each other because we didn't buy each other anything for our 40th year Anniversary. This is what we got. . Can't wait to use this bad boy now. I have to put it together today and going to smoke a rack of ribs on it tomorrow. Will post pics as I go along. Here is a pic of the grill I have. Not my pic I borrowed it to show what I will be putting together today.
    Attached Files

Welcome to the Pit!

Hope you enjoy your new cooker... it looks like an interesting mashup of a gas grill, charcoal grill and an electric smoker...

Something to be aware of is that even high end smokers and grills use low end analog thermometers that cannot be trusted. The best advice I give to anyone who wants to smoke meats is to buy a good quality instant read thermometer such as a Thermopop or Thermapen, and for smoking, you truly need a good leave-in thermometer with multiple probes, to allow you to monitor both the smoker temperature and the meat temperature. I use a Thermoworks Smoke. The Maverick XR-50 is the one I recommend to most, as it has 4 waterproof probes included.

Good luck with the assembly and the smoking! I hope the new cooker works out for you!
    Last edited by jfmorris; April 24, 2020, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Congrats. That's a lot of grill/smoker! Can't wait to hear about it.

Comment

Niiiice!

Comment

Wow. I hope you are a NASA engineer or something. That’s a lot of grill/smoker to assemble! Good luck and get cooking!

Comment

Congratulations, looks awesome

Comment

Congratulations on the new "toy!" May you enjoy another 40 years together cooking delicious food with it!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here