Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning Smokers and Grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning Smokers and Grills

With all this time at home and not a lot to do, I thought it might be a good time to really give my smoker and grills a deep clean. Any recommendations on products and technique? I imagine there may be different approaches to different components (i.e. removable racks, flame shields, etc. vs inner and outer walls, fire boxes).

What do you have in your arsenal?

Comment

• ZAL
      ZAL commented
      Editing a comment
      CampChef Woodwind Pellet Smoker w/ Sear Box and Char-Griller Akorn

Keep your barbecue grill clean. Greasy grill grates make food taste bad and gunk on the inside of a grill can reduce heat transference. Here's how to clean and maintain your grill.

Comment

Has anyone used steam cleaners on their grills? I have a Saber gas grill, I'd like to clean up the grates, they are pretty rough looking.

Comment

Mrs Mosca insisted I pick something to get for Christmas (remember Christmas? We were so innocent then), so I told her this would be nice. I grilled some chicken yesterday, and instead of doing a burn-off, I let the BGE cool down and I cleaned the grate today. Click image for larger version Name: F6C0ABF7-3A98-428C-BCFE

The Grilltastic is a wire brush with a steamer attached. If you have both separately you should be able to work it out.

Comment

Lots of elbow grease.

Comment

For the grates get your grill hot and dip a wire brush on water or run it under the faucet. Then steam-scrub your grate. It will dramatically clean up the grates. A metal paint scraper will help with the internal grill surfaces.

Comment

I have a Weber Performer and all that I do is hit the insides with a power washer and buy new grates every spring. I scrub the grates after every cook with some type of grate cleaner and aluminum foil but that's it.

Comment

Occasionally when it looks like rain I will toss mine out and let them set in the grass over night.
                Finish them off with soap and water and it will amaze you how clean they will get.

Comment

Have a beer and pay somebody else to do it!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here