Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for best quality convenient travel/tailgate grill - Weber Q?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Q1000 and love it... it was my only grill for a couple of years and I cooked up plenty of good food... on the 1000 my biggest complaint was that model only had one burner so you couldn’t have multiple zones. Other ones have the multi burner option so go with that if you can.

I don’t use my big gasser much anymore and am considering putting them Q back into the regular rotation... I wish Weber would make a Q - Sear model.... basically just it’s own little sear station...

you can purchase griddled for it and GrillGrates if you want.

Here is an interview BBQCentralShow did that this guy uses Qs for all kinds of tailgating foods etc...
    I chased down respected tailgate pro and creator of Another Pint Please (https://www.anotherpintplease.com/), Mike Lang, to help out in this week's episode. Mike has been publish in

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      My other suggestion was the Grilla Chimp.

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I’d love a Chimp, RecTec 340, or the portable CampChef. Just too big and heavy to lug along on a fishing trip.

Ok, several people have mentioned the lack of multiple zones on the Q as a downfall. I don’t think I have ever even had a non pellet grill grill that could not do it to some degree. How much will I miss it it I’m only using this occasionally and only cooking one type of food at a time?

Comment

• Razor
      Razor commented
      Editing a comment
      I would like to have it especially back when it was my only grill, but now that I have a Performer I don’t care. I think you can get 2 zone now one the higher end Q’s.

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      Depends what you are cooking. burgers and dogs and steaks no problem. Chicken really does best indirect. Thicker cuts are best indirect smoke roasted. I tend to keep it simple tailgating or camping.

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      I think if you end up with Grillgrates, the need for 2 zone cooking is negated. I cook 100% of my chicken DIRECT grilled in a single zone setup on both my gasser and my kettle, using Grillgrates to utilize the entire grill surface without worry of flareups. Before grillgrates I used a 2 zone setup to have a "cool zone" to shuffle stuff in when it inevitably caught fire. With grillgrates, they only time I need 2 zone is for smoking - which you won't be doing on the Q anyway.

The winner is...a FB Marketplace score
    Attached Files

Comment

• xaugievike
      xaugievike commented
      Editing a comment
      nice grill....but, uh.....can we see a few more pics of the car?

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes the car please! Glad you got your grill also.

This will sound strange, but all my good photos of the car are analog from two decades ago. This one is about best digital I have after I put new shoes on her last summer.
    Attached Files

Comment

• xaugievike
      xaugievike commented
      Editing a comment
      beautiful. art on wheels

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here