Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: What’s your Great Giveaway pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll: What’s your Great Giveaway pick?

We’ve all dreamed about it. Against all odds your name is drawn and you finally join the winner’s circle (well not this month... at least until the inevitable redraw). It’s time to choose. What’s your pick and why?
    Last edited by Andrrr; December 9, 2019, 10:55 PM.

Kalamazoo prods aren’t listed so, Ol’ Dave’s SnS kamado is a no brainer.

Comment

I'll never win of course but once in a while I like to pretend. With me it'd be either the Hasty-Bake or the Blaze. The reason I can't decide is I don't need another charcoal cooker and I don't know if I'd really use a gasser, but I sorta have similar counterparts to most of the others. I wouldn't go for the meat either since I can buy meat and wouldn't want to waste the opportunity for nice gear that will last a long time on a couple dinners. Good thing I'll never really have to pick.

Comment

Would be a very tough choice between the Good One, the Hasty Bake, the SNS Kamado, and the PK 360. Don't think you could go wrong with any of those 4. I might lean a bit towards the kamado since I have some other charcoal grills but no kamado right now.

Comment

• Andrrr
          Andrrr commented
          Editing a comment
          My thoughts exactly

This is a conundrum. Because, I’d love to win... but I don’t actually need anything. I have a BGE and a Weber Performer. There is not a single prize that will do anything that the cookers I already have won’t do pretty much just as well. I guess I could use a gasser. But when would I use a gasser, if I have a Performer? A PBC would be nice... but the BGE does the same job. And on and on, through the entire list. I guess the SRF package would be nice... but I still have stuff in the freezer from the last time I ordered SRF. I have a nice rib roast I never got around to making.

I’m happy right now, and getting another thing won’t make me happier. It will just be another thing taking up space.

To answer the question: I’d take the meat. But I’d try to get $450 credit, and then I’d take that Gold grade bone-in rib roast. I did one of those a few years ago, it was pretty spectacular.

Comment

• Andrrr
          Andrrr commented
          Editing a comment
          100%. I can’t justify having anything besides my kettle and WSM so like you anything I add would need to fill a very, very specific need. I like the PK but it’s just not different enough to fill a gap. I think it has to be Kamado for my middle of winter smokes.

• Andrrr
          Andrrr commented
          Editing a comment
          I should add to my equation myGMG Davey Crockett but that filled a very small niche and the only real reason I got it was because the price was unbeatable.

Since Mosca doesn't need anything, if he wins I say I should get a Hasty Bake! Because I NEEEEEEEEED it!

Comment

• Andrrr
          Andrrr commented
          Editing a comment
          I was thinking the same thing

I have the Hasty Bake and love it. But, I can tell you that SNS is the real deal imho....

Comment

If I didn't own any grills, I'd probably go Hasty Bake. But since I have a gasser, pellet grill, and 2 performers, I think the SnS Kamado would fit nicely in the collection.

Comment

I used to think I would choose the Blaze considering my other grills but then I bought one. So I would choose the Hasty Bake.

Comment

• CptSoftBelly
              CptSoftBelly commented
              Editing a comment
              How do you like the Blaze? I've been looking into one to replace a well working 10 year old weber that I don't need to replace anyways. It just doesn't get that hot, but I have other grills for that.

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              CptSoftBelly I'm very happy with the Blaze. It's the best gas grill I've had. The build quality is great as is the lifetime warranty. I love the sear burner.

I've got a PBC and PK360, so naturally I'm torn between a Hasty Bake and the SnS Kamado.....

Comment

• Andrrr
              Andrrr commented
              Editing a comment
              How do you like the PK? I wasn’t sure what to think of it when I first saw it but over time its kinda grown on me. That said I’ll probably never buy one because I’ve already got a kettle and accessories and honestly it just seems a little expensive. If I had to start over it might get some more consideration though.

• au4stree
              au4stree commented
              Editing a comment
              Andrrr, the PK360 is a wonderful cooker. It suits my needs perfectly. It will cook anything i need with ease, with the exception of large full packer briskets, it is super tight, but possible. The temp control was a pleasant surprise, this thing is spot on. My only gripe or complaint, being super picky is ash cleanup (compared with my old kettle). Other than that, I love it. It lives up to the name, portability is really nice.

I think the last couple of winners chose the Hasty Bake. How does the prize pool work? Can the Hasty Bake supply be exhausted or will it continue to be an option for prize winners?

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Manufacturers choose to participate willingly for the exposure our giveaway generates, and yes, it's conceivably possible they may choose to stop if too many are picked. Hasty-Bake has been on our list a long time though and is probably the most popular prize choice. We've had manufacturers who supplied one prize and stopped participation.

I have just about everything or there equivalents sooooo. I still migh go Hasty Bake and have 2 but i would be rally torn between the PK and the SNS. Id go PK, it takes up less space is portable, and im running out of space so PK it is. If I had no grills and i needed to reatart my collection it would be the sns kamado.

Comment

I’ve pondered this more than once.
              And after "deciding" more than once...I still have no clue. LOL
              I don’t really "need" anything...gasser? Got a Weber Summit Platinum D6. Charcoal? Weber Summit Charcoal Grill Center and a Dyna-Glo XL Dual Chamber. And I have access to a pellet cooker should I be so inclined. Along with my griddle & fryer...
              That said, the Hasty Bake still still makes the shortlist every time.

Now if there was a 4 gallon Bayou Classic fryer on that list. ;-)
              Last edited by surfdog; December 10, 2019, 08:24 PM. Reason: Added last line.

Comment

Hasty Bake, hands down.

Comment

I have the Blaze vote, I like the open range, Hasty Bake, and SnS, but wouldn’t use them enough with WSCG and SmokeFire. So, I’d do a Blaze and put an infrared burner in it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here