Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Smoker Coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Smoker Coming!

Since Meathead doesn't give any details on fuel or what have you, I'm posting this in the Off Topic section. I'm excited. Getting my MCS all fired up and I don't even really know what for. :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	newsmoker.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	768192

I'll guess it's the new Weber SmokeFire pellet. I've been seeing it on their facebook page. I saw one quick clip with seared meat. We shall see...

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      That was my thinking as well.

All I need is another Weber. I am able to resist most things pbc obc pbc but Webers are my weakness...

The plan is to eventually move onto the RV and sell the house, so I really need to be strong.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, CaptainMike. All my rv friends will be pulling trailers with cars and boats, and mine will be full of Webers...

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      You can store the Webers in the boat for transport! :-)

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Thunder77, so now all I need is a boat... If I get a pontoon boat, I can store a boatload of Webers...

Hey, I can smoke AND sear a steak on my Weber Performer....

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      And I can grill low or high enough to sear on my Weber Genesis.... just saying! The Smokefire looks cool for a pellet cooker for sure.

Comment

Just got the sneak peak email it is indeed the new Weber pellet pooper.

Weber has a new pellet smoker and it is alone among pellet cookers in that it can properly sear steak across the entire cooking area. Read our review of this groundbreaking design.

Comment

Looks pretty interesting. If they introduce a small portable model like the Grilla, I may be a customer. I love anything Weber...

Comment

Just read the article - looks very promising. I’m definitely interested and can’t wait to see more reviews when it hits the market.

Comment

I have always used charcoal. Am looking at the Weber Smokefire, but want to know about pellet fuel consumption. For example, how many pounds of pellet fuel would it take to smoke a 16# packer brisket?

Comment

• Old Glory
              Old Glory commented
              Editing a comment
              That is my question as well.

• glitchy
              glitchy commented
              Editing a comment
              Many pellet grills are around 1 lb/hr @225. I’d say that’s in 70 degree weather and 5 MPH wind. Temperature and wind affect pellet grills more than others IMO because of the higher already air flow. The Weber has some double walled so should be fairly efficient. I haven’t weighed pellets before and after on my CampChef, but it uses the most of all the pellet grills I’ve owned by far as it leaks a lot of smoke around door.

• glitchy
              glitchy commented
              Editing a comment
              I cooked a few briskets overnight on my Memphis in 20-30 degree winter weather and never ran out with an 18 lb hopper. However, they are fully double walled. Did winter overnights too on a Traeger with an insulation blanket.

Meathead’s book quotes Bruce Bjorkman of MAK saying his cookers use about 1/2 # of pellets per hour when set on "smoke" (about 175 degrees F. At 450F it burns about 2.3 # per hour.
            Thanks for responses. I think I am selling myself on the Weber Smokefire, and if I get one I will post results.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here