Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to upgrade to a new smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mentioned this on another post. I would strongly consider looking at David Parrish ‘s Kamado. It really looks like the ideal smoker/cooker, 2 zone included.

That is Adrenaline BBQ’s kamado
    Last edited by FireMan; September 15, 2019, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Only have mesquite to burn? I'll trade ya, lb. fer lb., fer some oak, hickory, apple, etc....
      Tough situation, there, lol!

Comment

The Weber Summit Charcoal Grill is pretty impressive, but if you really want to manage the fire it (or most Kamados) probably aren’t what you are looking for. Once I get the vents set, it locks on pretty hard to a temp and stays there. It is very versatile though.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit thereseanddavid You are switching over from a reasonably easy controlable method of control to one that needs more attention. So let's look at some options. You want to be able to smoke and grill now that you have advanced. The first 3 options I would have you look at are 1. Weber 22" grill with an SnS and a DigiQ or Fireboard controller. 2. An Oklahoma Joe barrel smoker with a DigiQ or Fireboard. Either of these will allow quality smoking and grilling. A PBC is a good smoker but I could never figure out how to make it a good griller. All of these will set you back in the $350 range with accessories or more. But the first two are my favorites to start with, the OJ comes with more accessories than the PBC.

I am not a fan of Kamodo cookers, had one at one time and used it very seldomly. The new one from Adrenaline might be worth a look. In general they did not do anything well, but all things ok.

Never ever buy an offset cooker for home use unless you are going to go into competition barbeque. Since you don't have the wood to fine one this should never be in your consideration any way.

Well good luck on your choice. I use the best briquets I can get. I also use the best wood chunks I can get. At the moment that is Maine Grilling Woods.

Comment

Weber One Touch kettle grill they are great for smoking and grilling and if you get silver 18.5" for $79 and you will have money left over for meat I did a 9lb brisket on mine. I have done a 12 lb pork shoulder. 22" is better but its 100 bucks its more versatile and can even do a turkey on that one.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here