Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well my son has gone all in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my son has gone all in...

I bought my son a PBC when he started a real job so he could smoke the occasional family meal... he got pretty good at it but today he tells me that he found a not heavily used Pitts and Spitts 24x36" stick burner with several addons for sale for a great price and would up getting it for 1000$. He has to sell some of his knife collection and (can you believe this ---shoes--- he buys and sells expensive sneakers as a hobby) to afford it but now he is all in.

I hope he doesn't quit his job and start a restaurant.

Nice to see the knowledge passed down. Better to have more cooker syndrome than more sneaker syndrome.

Comment

Have you talked him into joining the Pit?

Comment

• fracmeister
        fracmeister commented
        Editing a comment
        I know he uses the recipes.. maybe I can gift him a pit membership

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        If you gift him a membership, and he never posts, maybe he can give you the prize when he wins... ;-)

Nice Job, Dad!

Comment

There are worse things he could go all in on...

Just sayin'

Comment

That just cracked me up! Nice story to read just goin along & then you hit us with the punch line, hopin he doesn’t open a restaurant! Keep the faith, mebee he’ll let you have a franchise. 🕶

Comment

I can see under the Christmas tree one big Pelican cooler looooaded with all kinds of wonderful things to fill up that smoker,,,,
            Luv it !!!!

Comment

Every parent’s worry is the decisions our kids make. Kids, what are you going to do with them. And when we get really old our kids say, parents what are you going to do with them.

Comment

Is he local and did he find that pit on Craigslist? I’m in Kingwood and saw a recent post for a Pitts and Spits cooker that had me drooling! I’m assuming it’s the same Pit I saw...... I’m jealous either way! Nothing but the best to you and your son! If he DOES open a restaurant, I will be there day one!

Comment

That’s just beautiful! Way to go, dad and son!

Comment

That apple didn't fall too far from the tree.

Kathryn

Comment

• Polarbear777
                      Polarbear777 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      In that case, slice the apples, smoke roast them and top with ice cream.

Love it. Might mean some smokey-smelling presents are on the way this Christmas..

Comment

Like Father like Son.

Comment

I somehow missed this one. Jordans for a Pitts and Spitts smoker...solid deal for the kid !!!1

Comment

• fracmeister
                          fracmeister commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Well, it was several pairs of Jordans....

Apparently he has learned how to do ribs..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 3.09.41 PM.png
Views:	238
Size:	329.6 KB
ID:	742330

Comment

• Potkettleblack
                          Potkettleblack commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hey, kiddo... turn that rib frown upside down...

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here