Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for a change!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a change!

In the past 22 years we have owned 2 grills, a Weber Performer that gave us some wonderful service and then then a large Big Green Egg that has done well also. We’ve used our BGE for pizza, done a bunch of long slow smoking of ribs butts and brisket, we have reverse seared thick ribeyes, cooked lots of fish and tons of burgers.
    As much as I love our BGE, I am not blind to its weaknesses and after some 11 years cooking on it, I’m thinking that it is time to make a change. I’m just a little burned out on the Komodo thing...
    We do have a BGE MiniMax that we have dragged all around the country camping and although my back no longer wants to camp with it, I think we will keep it at home as I think it does a better job than the Large BGE anyway.
    So, there is a part of me that wants to go with a gas Napoleon Prestige Pro for the simplicity of the fuel and all of the bells and whistles. I could keep a BGE for smoking if we move in this direction or....there is another part of me that thinks an Engelbrecht Braten would be pretty nice.
    The Braten looks pretty interesting.
    I have searched high and low for posts or articles about the Engelbrecht but there is just not a lot out there on the thing. I’m sure it is a challenging beast to master but is it really that good? It would get me real 2 zone cooking, I’d be able to smoke with it, we could finally perfect (?) our favorite Al Forno (Providence, RI) wood grilled style pizza, my wife likes charcoal/wood cooking so on all of those fronts, it makes sense. Does anyone here use one as their primary or even their only grill?
    Does this make any sense?
    Thanks in advance for any thoughts...
    Bruce
    Attached Files

I assume you've seen this, but just in case: https://amazingribs.com/grill-smoker...eries-original

Comment

• Bruce B
      Bruce B commented
      Editing a comment
      I have read this. It says nice things but I’d love to have more of an idea how people are doing with them...
      Thanks!

You need to check this thread out, I had to stop reading because I want one so bad.

Splatt44 SierraBBQGuy have one.

Comment

• Bruce B
      Bruce B commented
      Editing a comment
      That is more of what I am looking for...
      It seems to have gone quiet now though.

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      Bruce B Spatt44 hasn't logged on since last December, but SierraBBQGuy was on earlier this month. Hopefully tagging them will get their attention, or PM and hope for a reply. If you want to get me one, I'll gladly provide any and all information you want! ;-)

Love Al Forno
    grilled pizza
    cant beat a kettle

Comment

• Bruce B
      Bruce B commented
      Editing a comment
      We love Al Forno too! Do you have their books? It takes much of the guesswork out of trying to recreate the dishes.

Well, I’ve thought about this enough. I just placed the order for the Engelbrecht Braten. Guess I’ll find out for myself...
    Bruce

Comment

Good move! We’ll all enjoy it! 👍

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here