Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mcs - ha!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mcs - ha!

I keep on seeing these posts from people saying they fell, or whatever, victim to MCS or even the dreaded MCS, and I'm not feeling it, not buying it. Just because I have a new DigiQ on it's way because my PartyQ's connector broke, doesn't mean I succumbed to this "formidable" adversary. I look MCS square in the eye and laugh, "Ha!" I acquired something that I wanted, I mean, needed and didn't feel even the slightest twinge of trepidation from this "ol' foe".

On the lighter side, my wife and I agreed that if we are able to pay for something on time, like 6 months, without interest, a pellet grill could be purchased. So the Traeger Timberline 850 is with the shippers right now, starting on it's journey home. (Being 6'3", 375, and giddy with excitement, isn't a pretty picture.)

MCS. I gotta laugh, HA!

(Standing up with head held low, hands in pockets, kicking the dirt) My name is Jim and I am an MCSaholic.

Welcome to the club.

Comment

You short fat individual. 😂😂😂
      I’m sure you and your wife are gonna love the new cooker.
      Congrats my brother.

btw. I’m 6’7 257lbs

Comment

The first step to recovery is admitting it, so I don't have MCS.

Comment

I've shown no symptoms for 6 months or so. must be cured.

Comment

• JimLinebarger
          JimLinebarger commented
          Editing a comment
          Keep the faith!

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          Keep us posted as to how that is working for you. 🤔

Remember the more you cook at home the less you spend dining out. To add to that, the food you make at home is very likely much better for your health. One example of how I convince myself to buy another cooker. Makes sense right? Now if I could just explain why I need 5 outdoor cookers. Congrats you will love the new pellet grill!

Comment

• surfdog
          surfdog commented
          Editing a comment
          Explain?!
          Because they're all different and have a different "feel" & features...for different styles.
          Same argument I used when buying guitars.

But it does take a SERIOUS bout of GAS to acquire 30+ of them. LOL

• JimLinebarger
          JimLinebarger commented
          Editing a comment
          I had to do that very explanation to my wife. For years she has had trouble understanding why I would need more than just the PBC and a gasser. Got 2 Weber's (Jumbo Joe & 22" kettle) and it became even more of an issue. Took about 30 minutes to finally have her understand. Ease of use was also a big factor because of my health which she could understand.

Wife has More Cactus Syndrome... it's giving me an appreciation for how our spouses suffer from our More Cooker Syndrome. The latest acquisition is a set of LED lights at the 6500 whatever light spectrum... they are BLINDINGLY WHITE BRIGHT.

(of course, I have a possible MCS symptom that will trump many if my plans come through, but more on that when it's accomplished).

Comment

• JimLinebarger
          JimLinebarger commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking forward to the reveal.

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          Let’s say, I hope I can pull it off. Lotta dependencies.

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Does she have a night blooming cereus? Mine just bloomed for the second time in two weeks. Only blooms at night for one night only. 3am photoshoot.

Kathryn

As I describe in my thread entitled, "I NEED a new smoker", I don't have MCS. I just found a really good reason to buy the other smoker I wanted last year when I bought the other smoker I wanted instead. My wife on the other hand, has More Furniture Syndrome, which is lucky, since it gave me the leverage to buy the smoker I wanted.

Comment

My wife has, believe it or not, MSS or more shoe syndrome. That does not necessarily lead to feeding my MCS though - she has some convoluted idea about the cost of my cookers vs the cost of her shoes. Makes no sense to me.

Good on the Traeger! By the way, not that size matters, but I am 6-5 and 270. Nice to know there are other grown men on the site, JimLinebarger, Steve B.

Comment

But I've got both, klflowers , MSS and MCS. A double whammy. My poor husband.

Kathryn

Comment

• JimLinebarger
              JimLinebarger commented
              Editing a comment
              I can't feel sorry for your husband since with your MCS he also gets good BBQ!

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree with JimLinebarger, hubby gets the good results. I really can’t complain though, the BH lets me indulge mostly.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here