Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Victim of the Dreaded MCS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on your new grill !! .

Comment

Well, a bit of a setback. I unboxed and started the assembly. The first part of the assembly is attaching the ash catcher to the base. When I went to pick up the base, I noticed it was smashed around the edge. On hold with Napoleon at the moment.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	napoleon2.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	711577Click image for larger version

Name:	napoleon1.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	711578

Comment

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        Bummer. Hope they made good!

• pkadare
        pkadare commented
        Editing a comment
        Great customer service. No questions asked and they are sending a wireless thermometer and a Napoleon grilling kit, tongs, spatula, and grill brush. Not happy that it arrived smashed up, but very pleased with the service.

Bummer! I hope they make it right! Let us know how the customer experience is!

Comment

• pkadare
        pkadare commented
        Editing a comment
        Great customer service. No questions asked and they are sending a wireless thermometer and a Napoleon grilling kit, tongs, spatula, and grill brush. Not happy that it arrived smashed up, but very pleased with the service.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        This is great to hear! Thanks for letting us know. I bet Max Good would like to hear this as well.

They're a great company with an enormous catalog.

Comment

• pkadare
        pkadare commented
        Editing a comment
        And Canadian to boot, eh!

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        That can only mean they are Canuckastanians too!

Nice pick up!

Comment

Sounds like the good, bad and the ugly with that new kettle. That’s a good looking rig, if I wasn’t so invested in Weber I’d be looking at that myself.

As to your addiction, just repeat after me,

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
        Courage to change the things I can,
        And wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          and just sit on your hands.
          One day at a time.

Never earned a single airline mile, never flown a single airline mile, and I intend to keep ti that way! Congrats to you, hope they make it good with you!

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Dude, you gotta get out more

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          No flying here, no thanks, 'taint gonna happen Troutman

• Bogy
          Bogy commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't even need to fly to rack up airline miles. My Alaska Air Credit Card racks up miles every time I use it, and with moving to one house and buying another house, boy, have we been using it.

A bit of a delay getting the new base unit but it arrived today along with a real nice toolset and a wireless thermometer. I'm happy with the service, now to get this put together and working!

Click image for larger version

Name:	napoleonthermometor.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	720245Click image for larger version

Name:	napoleontools.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	720246

Comment

I'm sure I'll find a use for it but the thermometer is kind of lame (but free!). My biggest complaint is that the only readout is on the remote unit, nothing on the base itself. My current one has readouts on both, which for me is really handy as I tend to leave the remote unit laying around and rarely remember to take it with me to the smokehouse. First world problems I know, but hey, I live in the first world!

Comment

From the Things I Learned Today file. The handles are not part of the bottom piece that arrived damaged. Doh! And I managed to get the bottom piece on the legs backwards so no I can't insert the ash catcher. Doh again! Good thing I'm good with computers, I'd starve as a handyman.

Comment

• pkadare
              pkadare commented
              Editing a comment
              Fixing the ash catcher was simply a matter of undoing 5 or 6 bolts, spinning it around and then reattaching. As an added benefit, the vent control is now at the front. :-)

And Napoleon goes above and beyond once again. Love this company! An email thread regarding the handles that I mistakenly threw out along with the damaged bottom unit:

My email to them:

Sent: 26/07/2019 2:59 PM
            To: [email protected]
            Cc:
            Subject: RE: CASE # 00673032 - Napoleon Customer Solutions - [ ref:_00Dd0g82n._5000V1KAIZN:ref ]
            Thanks Steven, and sorry to bother you again but is it possible to purchase replacement handles? I disposed of the dented bottom unit not realizing that while the handles came attached to it, they aren’t actually part of it. If I can order some, please let me know what the process would be.

Thanks!

Their response:

Hello Paul,

No trouble. No bother. My pleasure to help you Paul.

I will insist on providing you some free parts and shipping to help get a handle on your handle situation. That is how we roll at Napoleon.

The order number for the two replacement handles and the washers, nuts and fasteners is order# 783433. This should ship out early next week and be at your Bobcagyeon location in 5-7 days.

Have a great weekend!

If you need any further assistance regarding your grill, please feel free to contact us. You can reply to this email or we can be reached at 1-866-820-8686, and we always love to hear from our customers. Our office hours are Mon-Fri 8:30am-8:00pm EST, and Saturdays 8:30am-5:00pm EST.

Steven
            NAPOLEON Customer Solutions

ref:_00Dd0g82n._5000V1KAIZN:ref
            ------------------------------

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here