Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Victim of the Dreaded MCS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Victim of the Dreaded MCS

So I already have a Traeger, a Napoleon gasser, a PBC, a Broil King Keg, and a 22" Weber. I also travel a lot for work (150K+ miles last year) so I have a ton of Air Canada points. Happened to be nosing around the Aeroplan web site this morning to see if there was anything interesting to spend my points on (I travel enough for work that the last thing I want to use my points for is more travel) and noticed that they had the Napoleon PRO22K-LEG-2 Charcoal Grill available. Sold! :-)
    I can quit any time, honest!
    Last edited by pkadare; July 7, 2019, 08:12 AM. Reason: spelling

Sounds like a fun purchase, pkadare . I'm hoping you'll fill us in on your first cook with it.

Kathryn

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      I will definitely do so Kathryn! I know some frequent fliers get really anal about assigning monetary value to their points. Me? I just consider them to be free money once I've earned them. :-)

pkadare congratulations on your New Cooker. I'm so happy to hear from another Pit Member who can control your MCS urges anytime that's necessary! (You should see the Commercial Meat Slicer I found on CL)

Comment

I love those points too! With Amazon, you can even use Hilton points on their website as a form of payment.
      Last edited by Thunder77; July 7, 2019, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip!

• CaptQ
        CaptQ commented
        Editing a comment
        I did not know this either Hmmmmmm shopping tonight

Congratulations on the new grill. Travel less, cook more!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

I got the same one from Air Canada last year. It is a fun kettle to use with the hinged lid and the adjustable grill heights. Still going to cost you for a SNS, vortex, and some other toys to use with it though.

Comment

• pkadare
            pkadare commented
            Editing a comment
            No doubt. Good thing I'm a gadget guy and have a very understanding CFO. :-)

Whohooo!!!

Comment

That's not being a victim that's victory

Comment

The struggle is real.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Ok! We need pics & lots of em. Unpacking, assembly, first cook, first cleaning, see if yer tongue sticks to it in the winter, what have you. Enjoy! 🕶

Comment

pkadare you wrote "I can quit any time, honest!"
                    The problem is staying quit! 🤔 haven't yet!

Comment

Although Aeroplan indicates 3 to 5 weeks for shipping, this was delivered yesterday. Apparently I forgot to tell my long suffering wife that I'd ordered it as she wanted to know what the big box in the front porch was. :-)
                      I know this really isn't that different than my 22" Weber kettle, but hey, it is a new gadget and I'm excited. :-)
                      If the rain holds off today I should be able to get it unboxed and assembled. Pictures to follow.

Comment

Nice purchase.
                        Never signed up for Aeroplan, only fly 2-3 times a year.
                        But, after 40 years some years of collecting Air Miles I've amassed enough points for an empty ball point pen.

Comment

• pkadare
                          pkadare commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm just about at 1,000,000 qualifying miles on Air Canada.

• smokin fool
                          smokin fool commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Dallas and Montego Bay are the only reason I mention Air Canada, the crumbs laid me off twice and I still hold a grudge.
                          Don't know how you live with the commute into Pearson from the east, I'm 15 mins west of it and the drive sends me bonkers every day.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here