Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Smoker

I decided that I did not want to wait for Weber to come to their senses and sell me a Weber Summit Charcoal grill for under 1k, so I got an Oklahoma Joe Bronco drum smoker delivered from Walmart. The box was in rough shape but nothing inside was damaged. I got a bit unlucky in that it must be an early model. the Air intake has the gap since the damper is welded to the wrong end. I emailed support, we will see what happens. In the meantime, it took less than an hour for me to assemble and I am terrible with tools. I will season it this week sometime, and cook on it soon. Looking forward to hanging meat!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Smoker1.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	699296Click image for larger version

Name:	smokerBox.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	699297

Congrats. Nice lookin' cooker.

Comment

Kosmos Q did some ribs and a brisket on that cooker about 2 months ago. I debated between that and the PBC for a bit. Ended up with the PBC.

Comment

• Surly Viking
        Surly Viking commented
        Editing a comment
        I wanted the wheels and the tray. I am that high maintenance....I need a place for my beer.

• AverageJoe
        AverageJoe commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL I have mine sitting next to Fred my kamado and that has a cart with wings on it. Needs new wheels but that's minah.

Congratulations on the new one. Looking forward to hearing how you master it and seeing the results.

Comment

Congrats! Grease her up!

Comment

Have fun with your new cooker.

Comment

Looks awesome, good luck

Comment

Congrats on yer new cooker, hope to see it up an runnin, soon!

Comment

Looks great! Congrats!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here