Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bragging thread - Awesome Grill or Smoker deals found out in the Wild

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bragging thread - Awesome Grill or Smoker deals found out in the Wild

Over the weekend I snagged this unbelievable deal at the local 201 Central (Wine store). It made me wonder what other deals folks may have found lately. We want to hear about it! If it's clearance and you got the last one like this BGE I scored just stop by to brag. If it's a sale of more than one and you can share the deal, please do! (Note - This thread is for consumers only. No retailers advertising their own wares)

Everything in this pic was included in the price.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	69616

You can see here it's the small version of the BGE.

Name:	IMG_6755.JPG
Views:	297
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	69617

And it's definitely small compared to my Akorn, but I'll use this mainly for cooking side dishes and searing a steak or two, so the size works just fine.

Name:	IMG_6756.JPG
Views:	354
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	69615

Sweet!

Comment

I'd bake some bread on that little ceramic oven... You would need to elevate a small baking stone above the felt line though.

Comment

I got a Pit Barrel for $269 once.

Comment

WOWZERS!

Comment

So what is that for you now, eleventeen grills & smokers? #neverenough

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
              So what is that for you now, eleventeen grills & smokers? #neverenough
              Yeah. I gotta get rid of a couple. I should cut the Akorn loose I think. Perhaps give it to my Bro in Law.

Comment

That is a sweet deal Boss!! It doesn't look like it came with a plate setter .. are you going to pick one up? I can see many uses for a smaller BGE

Comment

Originally posted by cdd315 View Post
                  That is a sweet deal Boss!! It doesn't look like it came with a plate setter .. are you going to pick one up? I can see many uses for a smaller BGE
                  It didn't come with the PS, which I think should be standard equipment. I'm definitely getting one, probably this week. cdd315 how would you use a small BGE?

Comment

David Parrish like you said above, I would use it for sides and steaks. It would be perfect for baking potatoes, french fries (in a basket), corn and grilled vegetables. I'd find a pizza stone (I've seen 9") and make individual pizza's. I'd bake bread. Baked beans in a Dutch Oven. Anything else you can think of in a Dutch Oven. I would use it for roasts .. and chicken pieces or an upright chicken. Mainly though I would use it for cooking when my main cooker is busy doing something else. I'd use it even if I only need to cook something for a short while .. the good thing is you can snuff the fire out and use the left over coals next time you light it.

Ceramic cookers are efficient coal burners. I'd be interested in how long a small BGE like yours can burn a full load at 225F! I would think it could do a pork butt from start to finish, but IDK.

Have fun with it and I look forward to seeing what you use it for. Show lots of pictures

Comment

• David Parrish
                      David Parrish commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Curtis. I'd have gotten around to thinking about foil eventually, so thanks for saving me a little we bit of time... I'm a smart guy so it probably wasn't more than two or three weeks, erm, months... lol

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      David Parrish, you're the smartest Pit Boss of all the Pit Bosses I know. You like med-rare steaks, bold red wines, roasted Brussels sprouts, copper kettles, and American Honey and Maker's 46 mixed. I think those are the 5 main check boxes on both the smart and cool lists.

• David Parrish
                      David Parrish commented
                      Editing a comment
                      lol. Imma tell DW this and see what she says. lol

Curtis those are all good ideas. It's cool having a new toy to play with

And don't worry, there will be pics!

Comment

I'd have picked up that BGE too at that price!!
                      Can I buy it from you for $200? (Depreciation)

Comment

• David Parrish
                        David Parrish commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Things are heading in the right direction. I think we need to wait for a few hundred more folks to bid though.

• Ernest
                        Ernest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        $192, I'll pay for shipping and "Handling"

• David Parrish
                        David Parrish commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ernest you need to find you OWN deal This one's mine. ALL mine I tell you. Mwuhahahaha

I found this Tejas 2040 on Craigslist for $800. He was asking $1200. Im sorry I waited so long to brag about it. I have had it for a week now.

Name:	IMG_20150319_154940794_zpsoxn0w3md.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	73409 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150319_154954431_zpsjnoyhnab.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	73408
                      Attached Files

Comment

• DWCowles
                        DWCowles commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Welcome to the stick burner club . Nice smoker btw
                        Last edited by DWCowles; March 22, 2015, 09:05 PM.

• BriggsBBQ
                        BriggsBBQ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Man that is nice and at a great price.

Not used to cooking with all wood but I LOVE it and have cooked some wings and corn beefs.

Name:	IMG_20150320_160133118_zpsrx0ogfex.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	73412 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150321_031956858_zpspz3smmit.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	73413
                      MMMM these were AWESOME. Sliced up one and ate it and whipped out the trusty foodsaver.

Comment

PforB that is one HECK of a deal! Excellent addition to the thread!

Comment

• Pit-for-Brains
                          Pit-for-Brains commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yeah its awesome cooker. I split a whole wild cherry tree that was huge and have some shagadelic bark hickory coming.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here