Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bragging thread - Awesome Grill or Smoker deals found out in the Wild

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, what do you think of this deal. Remember I live north of the boarder so prices seem a little higher. I'm starting to look around for a kamado. For the same price I can get a new KJ which of course comes with the stand and other great accessories.

Comment

Unless you are married to getting a bge you can get a kj classic for about the same money after taxes and it is brand new. The divide and conquer system that you get with the kj is more versatile than what you get with the egg. Kj warranty service is also top notch in canada. If it was my money (and it was last year as I faced the same choice) I would get a new kj...

Comment

• pitboy
        pitboy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Kingdarb! Think I'm leaning that way myself. A new kj classic with the divide and conquer system would be sweet . Good to know about their service, that aspect is very important to me and I definitely go out of my way to support companies who provide top notch service.

Just purchased a 22.5" Weber Kettle Original for $25 that he originally was asking $45 for. Didn't look to be in too bad of shape but need to do a closer inspection.

Going to have to order a hinged grate and give it a little cleaning out but other than that should be good to go. I was in need of a kettle because I purchased a SnS before they had a price increase and needed something to use it with. lol..... one of those cart before the horse kind of things.

Comment

$5k on Houston Craigslist if anyone is interested....
        "This thing was built really well. I've been really happy with it, I just need to upgrade to a bigger one. It has some rust. Paid $10K, asking $5K. Cash only."

Comment

I've been seeing this guys http://austin.craigslist.org/for/5618203805.html post alot on Austin's craigslist. He has a couple of Texas Smokemaster's that look to be in really good shape. My only worry is that Texas Smokemaster hasn't been making pitts for maybe 10 years? They sold out to Big Hat BBQ. So if you go check them out, inspect them thoroughly.

This guy also claims to have a Klose coming up on the market pretty soon.

Comment

Been watching this since winter just sitting all lonely, by his self since winter. 1 week ago I stopped and spoke to the ole man who brought him into this world and built him. The old man said it was time for me to adopt him and give him a nice warm smokey home. After I vaccinated and made sure all his shot records were good, I get to pick him up and take him home today just in time for the 4th of July weekend. Now he gonna get to run and enjoy me as well as my neighbors get to enjoy him

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
              fuzzydaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats on that find! I don't see any rust. Is it stainless steel or painted and in really good shape?

Congrats. Is it home built?

Comment

Sorry for the delay. Yes it is a home built job. Double insulated. No rust under the diamond plated steel on the outside. Just got it home. A lot heavier than I thought. Called up the neighbors for Sunday. Will be cleaning it inside out(left side has never been used. Right side was a few times). Not only stick burner with a fan(2 seperate boxes but has water trays and can run on gas). Can't wait clean it and give him a paint job. Now I need to name him. Any ideas? After a good warshin....ill do a dry run like mh says. Planning on doin 10 racks of ribs and 2 pulled pork. Not sure of the chicken yet. I think juno(the sattilite approaching Jupiter) might be able to smell the smoke way out yonder. 2 seperate fire boxes so I can run it low and high at the same time. I'll post better pics tommorrow after he's running and get a graph on temp wise

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice! Have you decided on a name yet?

Congrats! Great score! Love your can do attitude. This is reall bbq man! Hats off to ya

Comment

Name that smoker:
                • Kōjin, god of fire, hearth, and the kitchen (Japanese)
                • Logi, fire jotunn god who personifies fire (Norse)

Comment

Finally! Weeks of combing craigslist for deals has paid off. A Weber Performer for $60! It came with the original equipment, including the charcoal baskets, which looked like they might not have ever been used. The unfortunate seller is moving to a small apartment, and can't take it with her. I almost felt bad taking it at that price! (Almost) 😜 I even got over a bagful of charcoal to go with it! I had to clean it up a bit, but it wasn't bad. Did a test burn with the SnS. I'm a happy camper! I love, love, love that ash catcher! That alone was worth the price.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Thunder77; July 16, 2016, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congrats!

• Craigar
                    Craigar commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Score!

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's an excellent snag, Congrats, Brother!!!

My cook got delayed today. I was getting ready to start the pit when my wife came out and asked me if I wanted to buy a used grill "with a bunch of knobs on it". She showed me the pic... turns out to be a Webber Summit Gold. I dropped what I was doing and headed north. Have not checked the SN to see what year, but it is in decent shape. Plastic is faded and a little rust on bottom shelf. It needs a good cleaning. I rank people that dont take care of their cooking equipment slightly below puppy kickers.
                  6 main burners, rotisserie burner, smoke box burner and side burner. not bad for $50
                  Last edited by rat88; July 23, 2016, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Thunder77
                    Thunder77 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Holy Moly! You really struck gold there! 👍

• jharner
                    jharner commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Man, did you at least smile at them as you were leaving?

• rat88
                    rat88 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I didnt even haggle over the price. They were moving out of state and having an estate sale. Its cheaper to give some of that stuff away than have to pay to haul it

It turns out to be a 2004 model. I dont think they ever cleaned it. The drip funnel was full piled all the way up the sides. Crossfire tubes are shot and ignighters are rusted out. I had to buy the whole burner kit to get the CFTs and went ahead and bought the spark kit too. The flavor bars are pretty rusty (and REAL EXPENSIVE). I will probably sandblast them and see how they turn out. I put a $200 limit on parts, but that may go up to $400 pretty quick if the flavor bars dont clean up

Comment

Comment

• Martyjmc
                    Martyjmc commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Picked it up at Walmart a couple of months ago on clearance for 200 bucks. Bought a sns for it also. My fiancé is from Texas and insisted on getting a cool looking solid built offset smoker. Now I have two toys to play with if they ever give me some time off of work.

I was in the local Walmart today and noticed the they have the Acorn kamado on sale for $199 - that's $100 off. The store is in Midlothian VA.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here