Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bragging thread - Awesome Grill or Smoker deals found out in the Wild

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife is going to kill me. But I just bought a Weber Performer Platinum for $50.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang!

• Drbearsec
      Drbearsec commented
      Editing a comment
      wow

Your wife should thrilled with all the $$$ you saved, Mosca . I can't believe you got a $450 WPP for $50. What a sweet deal!

Kathryn
    Last edited by fzxdoc; June 1, 2015, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw you on here and thought you and the hubby broke back a gem from the other side of the pond.

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh I wish we had, Jerod Broussard ! My big discovery was a bag of Mr. Trotter's Great British Pork Cracklings (what we call pork rinds). They went down well with those Scottish and British ales. Too bad we can't get them here.

Kathryn

I'm starting to have second thoughts, fzxdoc. That is so cheap it is probably stolen. I'm a stand-up guy, I don't like to profit from others' misfortune. I'm going to suggest meeting in a Walmart parking lot, and play it by ear from there. I don't really need the money. Heck, I don't need the Weber. I'm not going to let a "deal" complicate my life.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Buy it, them put an ad out to see if it was in fact stolen.

I'll give you $60 for it Mosca lol

EDIT: but not if it was stolen, I agree with you there. But you know someone is going to buy it not caring.

Comment

Well, Mosca , only you can make the right choice. Knowing for sure it was stolen makes the choice a no-brainer. But not being sure about its origin, there's the grey area. I agree with Jerod--put an ad in the paper. If it was stolen, I bet the owner would be happy to reimburse you the $50. I know I would, and would be grateful for your help.

Kathryn

Comment

http://anovaculinary.com/ has a 50 off coupon luvdad. Sous vide 179 minus 50 is a deal

Comment

I couldn't find a truck to pick it up today and I'm not off for another week. So I'm bagging it. I don't actually need it, I just wanted the deal. Here's the link if someone wants to pick it up.

Comment

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe he/she is loaded and just wants someone to haul the thing off for them. I'd go for it!

I live across the street from the Strand in Hermosa Beach, Ca. The Strand is a 1.8 mile stretch of insanely expensive homes that are ON the beach. The Strand is a 20' wide sidewalk that goes all the way to Santa Monica, Ca - with a couple of detours along the way, 26 miles.

I've had my eye on this Large Big Green Egg that obviously never gets used sitting on a marble patio, right next to a Weber Kettle, on the beach.

Whenever I saw people on the patio and asked about that LBGE, they were renter's for the weekend, not the home owner. This house is valued at $8,000,000 minimum, probably more toward $10,000,000.

This evening I was out walking my dog and saw a couple on the upper patio and asked if they owned the home. A Chinese woman said yes I do. I asked her why her BGE looked so lonely, sad and neglected. She said she has no idea how to use it. I said it looks like you use your a Weber often. She said yes... I prefer charcoal grills.😎

I said I think I MIGHT possibly be able to revive that BGE. I told her I'd have to replace some of the metal parts because of the salt water rust. She had no clue what I was talking about. I got the instinctual feeling... She wanted this eyesore off of her beautiful Marble patio. She asked me how much are you willing to pay? I said I'll give you $150. She said give me a little more, I heard that as a LITTLE more so I said... I'll give you $165. She said DEAL!

I said do you have the normal accessories that go WITH IT, notice my choice of words there. She came down stairs and and opened a plastic storage cabinet and there was all kinds of BBQ accessories she said she never used.

She... Being Chinese, said how much will you give for this stuff? I said... I really don't need it but I'll give you $50. She said deal and seemed pleased to get rid of that BBQ junk. I'm estimating there's $600 to $800 worth of BBQ stuff in that cabinet.

Sometimes... Taking the dog for a walk can bring great pleasure!

I really don't need another BGE but... I love cutting a deal!

I'll probably fix it up and give it to a friend.

Comment

Awesome deal you made - and an awesome place you live in...

Comment

Mind boggling deal that was.

Comment

Proper! love the art of a deal.

Comment

It was a win/win/win deal... She got rid of what was to her an eyesore on that beautiful marble patio.

The LBGE wins because it will be fully reconditioned and it will not go to the county dump.

I win because it always feels good when you help someone eliminate a problem.
                  Last edited by Breadhead; June 10, 2015, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Nice score!

Comment

Incredible! The "deals" I find in my area are the 1980s Weber kettle with a bent leg and one missing handle and the people still want $80....

Breadhead, mind if we move this to the Deals Found in the Wild thread instead of "Introduce Yourself'?

Comment

@huskee... Sure move it anywhere you want. Sorry for putting it in the wrong place.

Comment

• Huskee
                          Huskee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Done, you're now in the existing thread! Thanks.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here