Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best small grill to take while using a travel trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best small grill to take while using a travel trailer

Surely some of you toke off down the road in some form of an RV. What have you found best suits your needs in a grill?

I break down my old W/22.

Comment

I have a Coleman road trip. It is good. But I would look at camp chef.

Comment

Take a look at the new offerings in the sidebar on the right. Char Broil tailgater (might be too small) and a sweet looking little Green Mountain portable pellet grill. OR there always the good old Jumbo Joe !!!

Comment

The Weber Go-Anywhere is small but very capable. Can even manage small low and slow cooks. Like this https://youtu.be/1nmZwyQacH4.

Comment

• Razor
            Razor commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a gas Go Anywhere that I bought back in the 90’s. Gotta get it out of storage.

Dad uses a smokey Joe, a Pitt boss tailgater, or his lodge cast iron hibachi. KenC52

Comment

• KenC52
            KenC52 commented
            Editing a comment
            Also my modified Weber Q120 (had a welder make a steel plate so it works as a griddle). Probably will settle on the Q and our Smokey Joe with the mini-smokey mountain modification.

Here's the one I have. It's not really that small but it's certainly portable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BJzapq2jhcNFvxdmorUpnE9UFP3O3DB4PvX31SNXEwZEMg49igQTMb5JnKcr8bo_s-_y073jJCFg0fPpjfI1ndOklb8Fd0nnR8vbM3cQpEKS16V9d3MBh1YjxorRQXrw5fCFWAYpDtFAsNzSG-mlELTNxcplN282Pxpgo0kzNnFr44MTmy6amWG3pCB79MMdQEi_McO_CwiavNiGlT4DqrG8unGwTKsHT8174Tp3AFfzMMhkXdS00LV3ZSWeaCU
Views:	231
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	690808

Click image for larger version  Name:	FjjX0AD8rwsQUXOWdRBMUPkNCjT_M6dt5GtbHBQpDJDxQYIXH7haBuBMv65GKl0x-MfHS2CsX84AAct89FF_37yGXQVyUkiJheYgp5u1M27YSUa-TRZuFvCVpMk8jw5EughpBsC2Rg0CWplhyZ6nDbrzqC2E9PjgOdWou0c3sGZl0ftN2sgkQI9UEd8BG6Hb_PjZIz4Sv7YKfxDQMABgbZlIugPNiyFnL-V6UY0nio1KAhHk2l_lv8Vhom82z1z Views:	1 Size:	526.6 KB ID:	690799

Click image for larger version  Name:	9hoeo6GALVsCetAfLGjW7kyWabiEhlUxAulXnYTy2Ug_rFXobXPuofSOwc6G6onofCsO1HEtyOMEDXDIzglnt3FFqLPsItA8XVhCSXbgJqAkfpdO-N6oWxh0FZZD1CEW2uf2u0zOSiUmhjcvslEuGPPyi7A2rLHMt1esZheWMu2w3H-76KWRu73nAQR1GRG18ACZHnMzSd7D8lfcST98Wr9QftjheqUNfrcbRxvzJHronupZZNFIupMMLEGKNL_ Views:	2 Size:	583.7 KB ID:	690800
          Last edited by Attjack; June 6, 2019, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Nate
            Nate commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. I purchased mine (Q1000) for great price too and it got me through for a long time as my only gasser. Love the convenience of it. Thought about getting grill grates for it.

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Nate that's my cabin grill. If and when I upgrade my gas grill I'll move my Weber down there. But for now it's treating me well. Didn't know the had GGs for the Q.
            Last edited by Attjack; June 9, 2019, 11:32 PM.

• Razor
            Razor commented
            Editing a comment
            Got one of these as well! Actually first review I ever read here I’m guessing shortly after they came out.

Take a look at the Lodge CI hibachi. Fun to cook on.

Comment

And this one.

Click image for larger version  Name:	hvq0Me_Ed5w_H0jB8MhzzMJj7klGU5Su9ZrZvwCnwP7bjA1lliDAfmXbeDAkLeKb2nnX5ynJYX405pnbxLD4brlaWjyNewOkrnBkESuWj6Jlv7bZ-tMiy48FcFlEjYf7GPSJIuMKd7iLVJEFV3IAG-x48f1XtsJ_ciRlf21aP5cJT61FkHQwi-x4-AZiQIQ-cTtypXzCQx-NqpbqGtot5gvsdRsEoqaCagR7q5eetMwQMXZqHPzNKjy1eCr3kFv Views:	3 Size:	385.0 KB ID:	690805

And a couple this size.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DjJQLfEc1BggkGtPSoJXr3onj30oyFtyYRTQ90Y5HeFB8yCTpZ9m9jj1bN3WLlHFpTwPE09y8Y5HNjkLycKtiWJK05-RnOLbWX_KaTLuk7GbFSNYaDcDI6JGGVrdxuXYMqrgLBvDrb7ZiXPyedD6ncyEjmEgt7tkWCLvLpRTyCX3a0XNaKBSjVGP_xU5DLawbGp_cL_LettlbiwGVczFVh-qYww0-ESoCbRJEQtZTO7iu5iepaQz4O8_LoHL3pS Views:	1 Size:	333.8 KB ID:	690806
            Last edited by Attjack; June 6, 2019, 04:57 PM.

Comment

I think the Weber Jumbo Joe would be a good choice with a fair amount of real estate.

Comment

PK stands for Portable Kitchen and they offer two easily transported grills:

https://www.pkgrills.com/the-origina...oker-graphite/

Click image for larger version  Name:	new-pkgo-graphite__27410.1533849838.66.100.png Views:	1 Size:	6.3 KB ID:	690817

Click image for larger version  Name:	SRP_6998-Edit__10037.1522956927.66.100.png Views:	1 Size:	7.2 KB ID:	690818

Comment

• TripleB
                  TripleB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I bought both stands. The top pic is perfect on the back of a pick up and the pk-tx folds up nicely and It will hold a bag of briquettes across the top. Put the chimney inside and you’re ready to rock-n-roll.

I use an O-Grill and really like it - very portable, cleans easy, has heavy duty cast grill, and gets plenty hot. The O-Dock folds up nice, sets up easy, is light weight, and is sturdy when unfolded. The Carry-O is well made, fits well, and is nice. Also, I don't have one, but the cooking grid looks cool. And, I don't have one, but have MCS on the Pizza-Plate. These items are light weight and portable enough to fit in the storage compartment in the slide out of my travel trailer. Strange thing, these grills are not widely available on Amazon (they seem to have some accessories, but not the grills). Camping world sells a version of the grill, but it seems hit and miss to put together all of the pieces. O-Grill website doesn't show purchase options, or "where to buy". I don't remember

I did buy mine from Amazon, but they only have the carry bag currently available... here is what I bought...
                Click image for larger version

Name:	O-Grill.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	690920

Comment

• treesmacker
                  treesmacker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Forgot to mention - the cooking surface is pretty good size.
                  Since the grill has a regulator, I put a T connection at my trailers propane tank and connect a 10' long gas line directly there.

• treesmacker
                  treesmacker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well, I don't know what is going on, but maybe this is the same - Napoleon Travel Q https://www.amazon.com/Napoleon-TQ22.../dp/B0075IIA02

• treesmacker
                  treesmacker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  After posting all of this, I was interested in that gooking grid, so went looking for one - couldn't find it; it appears these O-Grills and accessories may be discontinued/going away. That being said, I wouldn't recommend one anymore, though I like mine. Maybe the napoleon travelq 285 replaced it (and it also looks nice) https://www.amazon.com/s?k=napoleon+...ref=nb_sb_noss

Don’t overlook the new Grilla Grills Chimp ... basically a portable version of the Silverbac.

Comment

Weber Jumbo Joe is what I take when traveling. It fits nicely in the back of my minivan. I have the SnS charcoal basket.

The best steaks I have ever made were on this grill while doing an AirBnB in Flagstaff.

Comment

For me, it’s my PK360 or Weber Jumbo Joe. The 360 is big, but portable. Also, as mentioned above, the Original PK is a great choice too.

Ive got a SnS for my Jumbo Joe and it does great on tailgates or at the beach.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here