Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best small grill to take while using a travel trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I load my PBC in the truck and have a 22" Blackstone in the camper. checks all my boxes - but I do like the idea of having a PK to use too........

Comment

Just volunteer to bring the beer

Comment

You can also go ultralight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hFqTMe-sluBT4kbjvjbq6S9PTJHhb4GLbbyBXMBv9ndSLPXvrL6nncQOJYV2y5ClLon-urD1hgYFtSktBU5FIsw9zjdyzC6fTaimjUvZLTn3cni9Xm5sKV9A_fjA0J6AAPp6tlFHykji3y2A3eQ60Nmt5Q5nmE-9svllLgXBB50Hk4oPmyubbyo-TDBsQPjSiuYSkcbXrZ6Tc_q1O0nFQ0hmse7A6IPwqBx0EpdO-7YUWIr00j3BNQLURNnGHr8
Views:	194
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	691083

Name:	tGkwRhlhlJkaNA-8bvpafhcP0LkJI4aUN5qplzZvRE9Lv4MJRLkBfl4SElqcw8Xr9mz0olckSJ6xNkHpO13NP5XW0ZlHYgAx5IbYwvX2O-XRo8FvttYu9m37bfYVfUDTFq-51AJ6a8LI0eH4B0PukVGSlD5T_V8dM_JB7P0ll9byBEYrAQP3jGtVUW0bh_N_rBODAvSou1Cs3wMKblCU-fD3yY2w_7rnMA2QNN7TugjqmyKU0Fm5PmiHjELI0gi
Views:	183
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	691084

Comment

I like the Weber Q series for a portable gas grill. If you want cheaper though, go with the Weber Go-Anywhere gas grill - I had one of those, but stored it in a garden shed with a leaky roof, and it rusted to the point I tossed it out. For portable charcoal, any of the Weber portable (Go-Anywhere charcoal or Smokey Joe) are good. Nicer are the PK grills.

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            That's where my Weber Go-Anywhere is right now. I should probably pitch it when I get to the cabin. Or if it's in good shape I wonder if it's worth trying to convert to charcoal?

For some reason the the pic of the smoker built into the front bumper of a pickup keeps going through my mind, but I'll be damned if I can remember which thread it is located.

Comment

Here's one vote for the Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett. Very portable, can be run off of 12V power, and gets hot (500 degrees) for searing. Nice little unit for camping and tailgating if you only need to cook smallish quantities of food.

Comment

Don't forget a dutch oven and some CI for outdoor cooking on the Smokey Joes. Charcoal and iron brother!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                plus 1

I enjoy using my Weber Q for tailgate.

Comment

Weber Q or PK360

Comment

I have a Weber q and an jumbo joe and I love them both. But, I can load my Akorn Jr up with the coal, wood and starter cube already in it. When I get to my destination I unload, light, and have pork butt loaded and ready to go in 10 minutes that will last 10 hours. That being said that PK looks tempting.

Comment

We have a traeger scout that we use, but temp control on it is pretty poor. Thought about a lodge sportsman, but we were concerned about the charcoal smell getting into the rv basement. We will probably replace the traeget with a grilla chimp at some point. Or get a truck we can tow and load the webers in it.

Comment

This one is portable....

Name:	24-x-60-trailer-pit-1-opt_1800x1800.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	691586

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Now we're talkin!

• tenphases
                        tenphases commented
                        Editing a comment
                        How do I erase my akorn Jr comment?? 😅😂🤣

How much capacity do you want, and how portable to you want it to be? If you want something smaller, good enough for 2 or 3 and uses 1 pound propane bottles available at any WalMart, may I suggest a marine grill. Magma is the big name there, but there is also Kuuma. You get something all stainless, and they latch shut making them easy to move (once cool).

If you don’t mind having to keep charcoal around (and having an ashy cooker to stow, the PK360 is more portable than a kettle except for the tiny ones that have less than 1/2 the capacity. Or go for the gold and get the broil King kamado with the trailer hitch holder. Then it shows behind the RV for a no mess no fuss (mess is the problem of whoever is too close behind you) solution.

Comment

Flower pot smoker! (Needs electricity for hot plate)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Name:	20190623_192313.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	699868Click image for larger version

Name:	20190623_192326.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	699869 Here's that O-Grill that I mentioned earlier in this post - in action...

Name:	20190623_191933.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	699870Click image for larger version

Name:	20190623_194852.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	699871

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here