Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the Weber Genesis II ever go on sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the Weber Genesis II ever go on sale?

My MCS has me wanting to get the revamped Genesis II E-435, but I haven't kept an eye on them long enough to know if they go on sale. Basically, I don't want buyers remorse if I pay full price and find out later that I should have waited a couple of months for a deal. Anybody know?

I wander through Lowe's pretty frequently and I don't recall seeing anything from Weber on sale very often.

Comment

• JPGators17
      JPGators17 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I do the same at Home Depot and agree. Just not sure about anywhere else.

I got my Weber Genesis $100 off from Lowe's. It was the model before the first II version. I got it at the end of the season 3yrs ago. I think they do instant rebates in the fall every year. I know I've seen it before outside of my own purchase.

Comment

Floor models on sale in the fall is all I remember seeing "on sale".

Comment

End of the season and floor models are your only hope.

Comment

From what I recall, Weber's rules for retailers prevents them from putting Webers on sale except for things like clearance of discontinued models. It's similar to Apple's arrangement with retailers. Instead, you'll see promotions where you get store credit or something like that with the purchase of a Weber.

Comment

• JPGators17
            JPGators17 commented
            Editing a comment
            I sensed that was the case, as I cannot recall ever seeing even a Kettle on sale for any occasion other than being marked as an open box item.

I just purchased a new Weber Genesis II. I was able to negotiate $50 off (which I assume the dealer ate). I was also able to get free assembly and delivery and have the removal fee for my old Weber Spirit waived as well.
          I also purchased a new Traeger Timberline 850 at the same time so that might have helped.

Comment

• JPGators17
            JPGators17 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well damn Santa, that letter I sent you was MY christmas list, not a cooker letter of recommendations!

I frequent both Lowe’s and Home Depot, and only see the Weber gas grills marked down at end of season, and then, mostly on the larger 4 and 6 burner grills they didn’t want to carry over the winter. I’ve never seen more than $50 mark down at end of summer on the 3 burner Spirit II or Genesis II, as they sell those models even in winter.

I lucked up and watched my local Home Depot start marking down the Genesis II E-410 and E-610 late last August, and watched the floor models go from $899->$699->$599->$399 by the time I picked up the last E-410 in January. They still had an E-610 for $599 at that point. I attribute the sale to the model change in the Genesis II line, and the fact that the 2019 year model didn’t include. 6 burner or a smoke colored 4-burner model. The year before when the Genesis II went on clearance they never got below $699 for the 4 burner and $799 for the 6 burner.

if you are specifically wanting the E-435, I doubt you will see that higher end model marked down unless they have a floor model left at the end of August.

Comment

If you active duty military or a veteran you can get 10%off at Home Depot or Lowes on any item in stock does not apply to special orders

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here