Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kingsford charcoal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingsford charcoal

Has anyone ever try the Kingsford hickory or mesquite charcoal? I've seen them at Meijer and was curious if thier any good.

Yup, I use em a lot, presently have an open bag of each in my garage, two more of each in th back of Th Blue Belle.

They add lotsa yummy smokiness to my product, even on shorter cooks.

Kingsford also makes an applewood charcoal, which I also use, an have on hand at all times.

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya might go over here, an introduce yerself, as time permits...

Btw, Royal Oak also make some great Hickory briqs, which I also have used with great success...

Dicedfroggy

Hard to find up here in the sticks but have used it with really good results.
    I do augment with chips too.

Comment

They are pretty good, the hickory any ways. I picked up 15 bags of not only hickory, but apple & cherry. Have used hickory 👍. Doing a beef roast right now wiff the cherry. 🕶

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        That close up though.........

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Great new avatar, always great to see yer Smilin Face, Brother!

"Jus as welcome as th flowers is, in May!"

Happy Smokin, on that Cherry Beef Roast, Brother!

Yeah, I have used it. Runs just like the regular blue and white, in my experience anyway. Saves you from adding any wood to the fire.

Comment

Thx for the feedback . I'm going to try them. Just bought a performer deluxe to replace my old weber.
        I purchased the slow n sear. I'm going to do a pork butt as my first time with it. Look forward to learning more about bbq. This is a great resource.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Hays, Kansas!

Comment

Well, it looks good, the smell, my wife says it the greatest air freshener she ever smelt. We’ll see how it tastes. I’m guessing if the two are primo the third is goin to take care of itself. Click image for larger version

Name:	F1679BDC-173F-4CA2-A8CA-E77FACE35E01.jpeg
Views:	231
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	670849

Comment

I use the apple wood and hickory briquettes, and they are both great.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here