Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

entering BBQ season here in NJ, Whose doing what in terms of new additional cookers -mcs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

entering BBQ season here in NJ, Whose doing what in terms of new additional cookers -mcs ?

Curious as we enter BBQ (though most of us don't let weather interrupt us much), Who is looking to add new cookers, which ones and why?

We are seriously looking into having a brick pizza oven built outside.

Comment

I was just mentioning in another thread that I'm hoping to add an EVO Grill. My sister has one she said she would give me. I was considering adding a griddle of some sort. Other than that I'm just looking at a list of accessories.

Comment

• Jon Liebers
      Jon Liebers commented
      Editing a comment
      love it all , including accessories. Which accessories?

Portable griddle. Blackstone or Camp Chef. Plus some CI at some point.

Comment

• Jon Liebers
      Jon Liebers commented
      Editing a comment
      nice. I don't have a blackstone or camp chef but did add a Smithey CI this winter. 12"

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      I live near the Lodge foundry, and they open it up during a local festival every spring. I am waiting on that to see if I can pick some stuff up cheap, but every time somebody posts about another pan, the mcs spikes...

I'm going to add....probably nothing since I have a freshman in college to pay for.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep - been there, got the t-shirt.

• Jon Liebers
      Jon Liebers commented
      Editing a comment
      had two of those a while back. lots of fue!
      Last edited by Jon Liebers; February 28, 2019, 09:20 AM.

4 grills/smokers/griddles are enough for me.

Comment

• ssandy_561
      ssandy_561 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my god. Did I just type that.

I think I’ve been brainwashed

Comment

Help me. Please

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        Pit Barrel, PK360, Lonestar Grillz, Mack Star1, Weber Kettle, SnS, Fireboard, DigiQ
        Does that help????

• ssandy_561
        ssandy_561 commented
        Editing a comment
        Whew. Thanks. I needed that.

I am planning on getting a Grilla Silverbac within the next couple of weeks. I was down to choosing between a Yoder 640 or the Silverbac. I ultimately chose the Silverbac for a few reasons. I can buy two of them for the price of one Yoder, I have heard nothing but good stuff about them, and their showroom is located an hour away from me so I can go check it out in person and pick it up.

Also, not an outdoor cooker but I ordered a Joule this morning. I'm excited to try out the sou vide game.
      Last edited by TechSmoker; February 22, 2019, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Jon Liebers
        Jon Liebers commented
        Editing a comment
        I picked up a joule for the holidays too! you will enjoy it

• Atalanta
        Atalanta commented
        Editing a comment
        SV is a lot of fun. I'm about to get mine rocking to finish off the pastrami I'm smoking.

I am planning on getting some more charcoal...

Comment

• Jon Liebers
        Jon Liebers commented
        Editing a comment
        nice, but which kind?

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Kbb

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Wound up with Pro from Costco - on sale.

"love it all , including accessories. Which accessories?"

I think I just finished all the upgrades for my gas grill. I bought a like new Weber Spirit e210 for $100 to replace my 4 burner Char-Broil grill because I didn't need a large gas grill but did want a pretty good one on hand. Then I added a rotisserie for $80.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IzzTML-_Z3gKWEK32j40tv94JkJ3lud3UuLp6OFFKBtp5OhrhNPS4M8Ap2Cj-mrO7Nu4TM9fD2wmw4gaOYd1gHAtKW5ityCfUOY5yOZy_ZrlPfxGbhIZULROfl_HPI0pOZzOh9wojkRG4KG9Krc1CMYOW5vCyVFYvdVr_JHLJdeRDno84cdp4ENomF3w2Hw9MxbkaX5-5OR-88vmyNyQzjybFfd8I2HinlPcbaeDo0wXtWkuZyszr0EBKu9yWmE Views:	1 Size:	311.5 KB ID:	639837

Then a kebab attachment for $20.

Click image for larger version  Name:	03sx0tUoYXKcUe7K3lryRXVp3L6lMwpiCndkpISmP46v-b1VJ9_VSLS-Y6k2qugY3d7f2x4Cgyrs-Qf587lhPV68aNjrz0igSrybudvHcf_dCEySKOBLrUhmMlE4R2ORHYMde1Ve2XqS-nA_n2xTz9FaXJ_P_281Dez6NBudVKYmFmPooKgpcXPDgR2tX3Bj95eEkVc4xpvzx58HdCLqI7LIzKLv4nFeZjmVNEUJZ4mtr_zrTdCdeRd7wzKda7o Views:	1 Size:	457.7 KB ID:	639838

And this week I added GrillGrates for about $60.

Click image for larger version  Name:	72qZR8Y-o-ObGie_IvYnLO5rJ6yDT_6L_G_5LPIPn9VxNYeP7AHEK-cbReE4SKPBnGgtbUui4Yi_g9IGcGRpLMcPGQNL04NCehQIFSMo3lYVE6YGQu2Rbqe7Weh5A_Atl8sKnao_vpVMHwVcTDv33Wdz1d0IBvSKp24AdNspqwGMZhxtQk0n_92hf4L46CeeU_BMEg_RZ7U29fNoerYvsiBONdMkuUAsrlnFsJqkKbSwk97g8TJPrklsuza0PDY Views:	2 Size:	304.3 KB ID:	639839

I can't think of anything else I could add so I think I'm done.

So far I'm impressed with the GrillGrates so maybe I'll add some to my Super Joe in the future.

Click image for larger version  Name:	WxilTP7dV-8bQ0Z_3SMNi7sh78dmSD_LnLQr1ASt6FRvxKTO-5cKQh6Mf8jLQ0E40Ty2eRj8DsKOsKj8CTkUEUXRWfbNxHcB6LO_rSTwajHtLRF994TBMAQG4p74ivmW0aco3x2HahWwyAnz6Sa1myaIQNxpn9BbiZGMJbbDesKosWbRM1Njjt7RUf8cFwtOVX7cMK3XMSMQWxVLq3ls4kGYg107H_cwdt1kE-2A5QtOJEsF0FdVS5yxeTBr8uu Views:	2 Size:	385.0 KB ID:	639840

I would like to add a Kick Ash basket to my main grill the Primo XL.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8u0xXyRw-GTebcRQW0TMCO3SH49qAeg5Ibc6QayZhrkSd1E_9laLjJO89vltGrQ9hXAk9KiatpcUf4xVL_iua4uz4WqbpAUVby97nfv1UybZaT6Vps1qI7MhwwK3kCd_iAG45DSQJHYlsk_07HF4hEbeP1KvZAfun0oGEQ_pDpVGmhg7CsrPPuPQeLHiResNnLu9nxWbYatDnLWPRX1bBOEfJeCZejiRfJWe17l2a2QKSHdgjqWUhUBQHZPaZLy Views:	1 Size:	313.5 KB ID:	639841

Then I need to decide if I keep the Weber 26 and if I do I have a list of mods I want to do to it. Adding a port for a fan, a port for probes, and an extra handle are all likely upgrades.

Click image for larger version  Name:	p39CcJOl2eljU8t48Q-pzrSz4rBbK3U_hGrarYbisYXkoJR1aE-MPgMJO10mNXIpmBRKbSpEbokaA7fqcIThFoBVbjUJWE2WmMP1hRfm6xBSKOFcNpj7F8hNeg3Mq3x0ixdufUvnOibfyu6ugE3uop0m9h_mfdXOjfutqkCw36YI05LmsztQ_mH_WCLGs1zWEH55MBWpXUQRyGxXvAVixw-_DZp5ZrnDAzD1ZVJtZL-1ONzJW8sXZUTVyROdbe8 Views:	1 Size:	189.0 KB ID:	639842

Click image for larger version  Name:	8OcDPbn-aB2ShgyinUMd-13vOFvBNHlE_mLtRFU5Nof72fFqZ5dYcitfKTu7jgBv6jCIt4sT7jF2lZKY33_NXSRpB4jOCOSKaGNsy4SNm4uorglTOOyZPzZ3qHCzyCCS4VaherGzEcbjuu8RucsfYCskUSgAVScs48MTMja45z1Q7OhWHId9BJRJKmB0ZXb3TodLow5bhT_iIzQ9UGz404dVwVmstkdndguf9HRqWB9qMWsuB42DX9ktalwrSDn Views:	1 Size:	411.7 KB ID:	639843

Click image for larger version  Name:	JDJ8jELOSUjD3njEcSbqwC2BAOIvH4DQ6a-uYvDREkzvVVb2En7K2rFKMX9e-ozCaFKtnkgehtF9tUHo__pI8_qhzArlWz87PkvrFdfZUecUXlIcppmhZxQG1XSVRDUzZcdw71L8kCIiDjmqGjM7XSzV2-s1k70SStcqQvRxMt8v84Ch0E9TH75oz08dyHiKo_0zxXIVBBKXlJMC4_uPL7XgSSPSah6wGwpHdq-2eDVXDkZW7gV90ZguE81K7eD Views:	1 Size:	474.6 KB ID:	639844
      Last edited by Attjack; February 22, 2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• BRic
        BRic commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice pics and nice equipment and food looks good .

• Buck Flicks
        Buck Flicks commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that the Arteflame? I really want one of those for my 22.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Buck Flicks Yeah, I was really impressed with the Arteflame products so not long after ordering my 26 I got the insert. However, I have not used it a lot since owning it. I'm going to make an effort to put it through its paces this summer. I've seen knockoffs on Amazon for the 22.

Once we rip out the old deck and extend the patio, I am really thinking long & hard about a Hasty-Bake Gourmet 256. I have wanted one since I was a kid and we now have a local dealer, so I will probably go visit on a monthly basis so I can drool all over the floor model. They also are the Kamado Joe dealer in town, so it will be a very difficult decision when it comes time to drop the hammer. If the checkbook is talking sensibly that day, I will go with the Hasty-Bake.

Comment

• BigD
        BigD commented
        Editing a comment
        Craigar, who might be the Hasty Bake dealer around here? I'm in SW Omaha

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        BigD https://www.topgrillsmidwest.com/ They are located next to Family Fare on 108th & Maple. They are on the north end. Once they get done remodeling, they will be offering classes. The last time I was in there I was able to go in the back to check it out. It's going to be impressive. They also let me try some rubs before buying a couple so I could get an idea of the flavor profiles. They are a great bunch, check them out when you get the chance.

• BigD
        BigD commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info Craigar. Can't wait to stop over and check it out.

Just picked up a used Weber Performer Deluxe From another Pit Member and ordered some CI pieces from Lodge. But its still early in the year. All I know is I don't think I can add as much as I did last year.
      BTW where abouts in NJ are you Jon?

Comment

• tenphases
        tenphases commented
        Editing a comment
        There you go! I couldn't find your message to respond. It was garaged for about 6 years when I was living in MI so if I do the math I think it's 2005 but I've never had a 22 inch lid not fit it from any of my other webers.

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        tenphases Thanks Marco. As you know the weather here sucks right now. But looking forward to putting the this puppy to good use.
        Keep the smoke rolling my friend. 👊👊

• Jon Liebers
        Jon Liebers commented
        Editing a comment
        bridgewater, NJ

BBQ season? That's 24-7-365 here in Houston

Comment

Looking at buying a Gateway or a Hunsaker smoker , and entering a few competition this year with my cousin and hoping to
        retain our grand reserve championship or move up to grand championship is our goal .

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here