Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

entering BBQ season here in NJ, Whose doing what in terms of new additional cookers -mcs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to add this spring. I have the Weber Genisis 3 burner. But I want more smoke capability. At 1st thinking of WSM. Then I thought a Weber Kettle with SnS. Then there's the Pit Barrel. Wish I had the budget for all 3, but I don't. And if I tried to pull that off, I would have no place to cook as I would be living in my car.

Went to Lowes today for stuff to repair my lawn tractor trailer. Of course they have a great display of Weber and others. They have this and it's mine. Need to goto local Ace and see if I can get some break on accessories, assembly and delivery. Will not fit in my 11' Camry.

The Weber 22" Master-Touch charcoal grill includes upgrades to the classic kettle, like the plated steel Gourmet BBQ System hinged cooking grate.

​​​​
    Last edited by RichieB; April 2, 2019, 05:48 PM. Reason: Getting close

Comment

• tenphases
      tenphases commented
      Editing a comment
      Weber kettle with an slow n sear and a Genesis is a pretty sweet set up
      Last edited by tenphases; February 23, 2019, 10:30 AM.

• Red Man
      Red Man commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s my set up. Kettle with SnS and a three burner Genesis.

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Weber kettle with sns is slowly working its way past my wsm in my heart

Looking to get into the barrel cooker game so I'm ordering a Barrelhouse in a couple of weeks, with one of the accessory packs (turkey kit, O-grate, etc). Stoked!

Comment

I just got a terrific deal on a camp Chef smoke pro dlx. I opened the box and noticed that the hopper I got was an upgrade to the new CC SG model with 22 lb hopper, bottle opener, 2 probes and a pellet window. Nice way to start BBQ season....which never ends lol
      Attached Files

Comment

Webber kettle with a slow and sear is in beatable if something happened to mine I would replace the next day

Comment

I ordered an Assassin 28 insulated cabinet gravity fed smoker Feb 14 and hope to have it by mid April.

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Now that's a serious rig!

• tenphases
            tenphases commented
            Editing a comment
            Jealous!!

What is this "grilling season" that you speak of??
          I don’t know what that means...
          I just did a swap. I sold a Weber 22” kettle and got a Primo Junior.

Comment

Added a WSM last spring. I took advantage of Thermoworks Signals member's offer last month. And the rotisserie for the Performer will arrive tomorrow. I'm set for now. 👍

Comment

Couple weekends ago I volunteered my day to help at a non profit yard sale to contractors(doors,windows paints by the gallon etc. after 8 hours of loading stuff. Come to find out they had 1000.00 grills they were selling dirt cheap. Down side was they were drop ins for outdoor decks. Well for helping I was given on of these nib unopened. It’s a bullet bbq 4 burner.
              Now I just gotta find a place to put it.
              Sigh. Back up to 8 cookers. So I’ll be busy.
              Think I’ll make a portable roll around for it.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	652476

Comment

I've been keeping my eye out for a used Weber kettle. Would love a 26-inch, but hard to come by used. Have my eye on a cheap, lightly-used Performer, but I can't pick up until Sunday and the guy isn't going to hold it for me. I don't expect that to last until then, but I'm hoping for the best. Looking to save some money on a used kettle rather than a new one so I can justify the extra expenses that come with it. SnS to start, maybe a Vortex, Arteflame, rotisserie shortly (or not so shortly) to follow.

Comment

• jumbo7676
                  jumbo7676 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Someone else snagged that grill. Guess I have to keep looking.

• JoeSousa
                  JoeSousa commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I looked for years before I saw a 26 pop up last fall. Snagged it for $150. They don't come up for sale often. I haven't had a ton of cooks on it but I do like it. And just wait until a used Ranch pops up. Your MCS will be on fire then.

• jumbo7676
                  jumbo7676 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I probably have enough self-control to give it another 2 weeks of looking for something used (26 unlikely, maybe a performer or even just a cheap 22) before I go by something new.

I have a Davy Crockett, Green Mountain Grill I haven't put together yet. Putting the wood burning door back on the Jambo this weekend and doing a test cook.

Comment

I have my eye on a Blackstone griddle & round Grilla. Have for 1-2yrs though, so far Mrs Huskee won't sign the check...

Comment

Well, my BF was a sweetieand got me a Fireboard for Christmas. I thought he had gone for the base model (hadn't opened the box yet). Opened it a couple days ago (to prep for smoking today) and it's the full probe set! When he asked what I wanted for my birthday, I gave him the link to David Parrish 's website. I already have a SnS and got him a DnG, but there are plenty of other things on the site that I wouldn't cry over.

We did some winter grilling (*technically * I am right now since spring doesn't happen for another 2 hours).

Jon Liebers I work in Raritan, NJ

Comment

• Jon Liebers
                      Jon Liebers commented
                      Editing a comment
                      right next door in Bridgewater!

I am hoping to add a Blackstone or Camp Chef griddle to the back yard. I would love a stick burner of some sort too but I don't want a cheap one from the box stores and don't want to spend $2000 on a good one. So that might just be a pipe dream. I keep hoping a good used one will show up at some point.

And I would love a Slow N Sear RKE for my Ranch at some point.

Comment

• tenphases
                      tenphases commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I might get flamed for this but...... I would rather have a ranch with an rke. Capacity, clean smoke, searing ability. Ranch all day, nice set up!!

just ordered the Smoke 2 from Thermoworks with the free ThermoPop. Thinking of replacing my 22" Weber and ordering some Grill Grates. But the first thing is to join this group full time!

Comment

Added a new barrel smoker & a Russian style mangal grill to my collection about 3 weeks ago so my buying for the years done.

Comment

• Jon Liebers
                        Jon Liebers commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I am unfamiliar with a Russian style mangal grill.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here