Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outdoor bbq and grilling storage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor bbq and grilling storage.

I don't have a garage so I have to be creative with my space. I do have a shed.Hows does everyone store everything while keeping critters out? Examples for me. Charcoal, cleaning tools, chimney starter, and other stuff like that.

Any picture examples will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Macktechie; January 29, 2019, 06:21 PM.

I bought one of those Sunbeam brand storage "sheds" from Lowe’s... a smaller one. It’s just large enough to fit my PBC, 2 LP tanks, and then I have 2 plastic bins with airtight lids. 1 bin for all grilling tools/accessories, 1 bin for wood and charcoal (will only fit a KBB bag if it’s like 3/4 full). The bins stack on top of each other. It is perfect for my needs, gets all my stuff in 1 spot, and frees up a lot of storage space in the kitchen, which made the wife happy.

Comment

I got a Suncast BMS3200 Horizontal Storage Shed for my pellets and all the accessories for my Yoder. Liked it so much I got another for storing some pool equipment.

Comment

• JoeSousa
        JoeSousa commented
        Editing a comment
        I have been looking at a couple like that. Seems like the largest models (not necessarily that brand but similar) are big enough to hold my Ranch, a 26, and a 22. Might need one for the grills and another for the supplies.

I just cover the grills, but I live in the burbs. I keep the charcoal a in Kingsford Kaddy - have several. I have considered getting a patio storage box so I can 'stock up' on charcoal. I also have some plastic storage bins for tools and such. I do have a storage container for leftover charcoal as well.

Comment

Have you thought of your bedroom? 😎

Comment

• gcdmd
          gcdmd commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL. I can see why you're a John Astin fan.

I have never had a critter problem.

Comment

• Fire Art
          Fire Art commented
          Editing a comment
          Critters make good Q

I store everything in a large clean plastic garbage can that has wheels on it for easy moving.

Comment

Got a couple of these.

Comment

Willy-nilly for now, but the roof structure over the deck gets built this spring so the cookers will just get covers and I'll then build cabinets for storing all of accessories and fuels and such. Can't wait to unclutter!

Comment

I have a Suncast also. Smaller than above. This sits on the patio. Added wood shelves myself.

https://www.amazon.com/Suncast-BMS15...79737668&psc=1

Charcoal is stored in an outdoor shed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Storage 1.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	629826

Name:	Storage 2.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	226.2 KB
ID:	629825

Comment

• gcdmd
                gcdmd commented
                Editing a comment
                What did you use to secure the brackets for the shelves?

• jlazar
                jlazar commented
                Editing a comment
                There are grooves in the cabinet to slide in their shelves (which are not cheap). Cut 3/4 inch plywood with a template that comes with the cabinet. A couple of drywall screws where they indicate on the template. Worked out good because I had some spare 3/4 inch plywood available. If doing again I would extend shelves out another 2-3 inches from what the template shows. Used drywall screws for the things hanging on the door. Just through first layer of material.
                Last edited by jlazar; January 31, 2019, 02:23 PM.

I have a room in my house that I store my stuff in. Everything stays dry, free of critters and there is no one around to touch any of it!

Comment

• DavidNorcross
                DavidNorcross commented
                Editing a comment
                Right there with you.

I have these. Works OK. 1st is from Keter - named Unity. Outdoor Prep Station Serving BBQ Grilling Patio Deck Cabinet Backyard Table

Name:	Keter_Prep_BBQ.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	629880
              This is from Suncast. 50 Gallon Deck Box with Seat

Name:	deckbox.png
Views:	604
Size:	453.7 KB
ID:	629881

Comment

I can't store BBQ tools here, but I think I want one of these. In addition to MCS, I have a condition I call find new ways to keep my beer cold syndrome. A little off topic, I guess... Suncast Portable Drink Cooler Resin Wicker Outdoor 77 Quart Storage

Comment

I got two next to the pits. Small one is just for coals and pellets, and the shed for everything else.

Name:	IMG_0633.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	629887

Name:	IMG_0634.JPG
Views:	656
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	629888

Comment

• gcdmd
                    gcdmd commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Were they added after Harvey?

• lonnie mac
                    lonnie mac commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yep! These are new as well as the whole patio. The old crappy shed didn't fair well, and the old wooden decking washed away mostly. The Suncast is perfect next to the grills off to the side. The dollhouse Moonbeam calls it is mostly for plant stuff but holds all my other grilling needs.

I have a deck box very similar to this:

130+ gallon. I usually store a 18.6# bag of briquettes and 20# bag of lump along with all of my gadgets I am not allowed to keep in the house, such as: hover grill, rib racks, chicken leg rack, HUGE stainless steel bowl for the Smoke E-Z, wood chunks, a box of contractor trash bags, a couple of wood paddle grill scrapers, red devil plastic putty knife, a couple of chimneys, and a few other odds & ends.
                  Last edited by Craigar; January 31, 2019, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here