Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pellet smoker and electric smoker info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pellet smoker and electric smoker info

I’m 13 years old and a couple days ago for Christmas I got a Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett pellet smoker this was at my moms house and at my dads I got a Masterbuilt 340 men’s Bluetooth digital electric smoker and if there is anyone out there that can give me some tips and tricks for both of them that would be great. If anyone knows of some tips and tricks respond to this comment. Thanks!

I would start with the home page/regular site right here on Amazing Ribs. Great info about the basics.

Comment

Both are easy smokers (set and forget) for entry into the world of bar-b-que. There are hundreds of posts, articles, and recommendations on this web site. If you have an extra $24 dollars lying around I recommend you subscribe to the Pit. You will find a very friendly group of folks here who are more than willing to share their experiences. Good Luck!

Comment

There are several youtube sites that could be of interest to you. One of my favorite web sites is How To BBQ Right with Malcom Reed. Just use Malcom Reed as your search criteria on youtube for plenty of information.
        http://howtobbqright.com/ (web site). One thing to note is that recipes are guidelines and you can vary your ingredients and amounts to taste. The important thing to keep in mind is the internal temperatures are important more so than anything IMHO.
        BTW those are some pretty nice gifts for a 13 Y.O. at Christmas. You apparently have shown your parents that cooking and BBQ is an interest you have and want to fine tune. Good luck and stay tuned into this forum. Plenty of help here and from some rather accomplished people.

Comment

With the pellet grill, the most important thing is going to be remembering to clean out the firepot after or before every cook, or whatever your instructions recommend. The biggest safety concerns usually are triggered by the grill not being properly cleaned. After that, just think of it as an oven that smokes. Anything your oven can do, your GMG can do except with smoke. As mentioned above, the public part of this site has many amazing articles about the science and techniques of cooking/smoking as well as tons of recipes. A lot of the pellet grill manufacturers also have varying amounts of recipes on their websites that can be helpful as well.

Comment

Remember that we are all here to help. Look through the free site, watch the Malcom Reed videos, and then ask questions here on whatever you want to attempt. If you want to try pork ribs just ask and you will get plenty of experienced advice and tips. Same for almost any piece of meat or veg. We want you to succeed.

Comment

At 13 your on to agreat start I only have one more Recommendation Buy GuiTar

Comment

I like the recommendation about watching some YouTube videos and watching how some of the pitmasters do things. I would also research our pitmaster Meathead and look at some recipes on the free side of the site.

i cook on a pellet cooker and really like to do pork ribs. There’s a method called 3-2-1 that you will find on the free part of the site. You might also want to consider a pork butt. Whatever you choose, let us know how you did !!!

Comment

Comment

If you do not have a copy of Meatheads book, The Science of Great Barbeque and Grilling, go to the public library and check it out. You may decide you want to buy the book to have all the time! You can see some info on it at the top right side of this page. (right next to your post)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here