Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You decide 2019!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on Lon, you want me to come over there and do a little re-arranging for ya? You can make room for 2-3 more cookers on that patio. I couldn't part with any of my babies....even though my wife is becoming a bit testy. She doesn't know I'm yearning to have my stick burner back (sold my LyfeTyme last year) as well as my LSG insulated cabinet. Come on man up and make room .... or decrease some grass !!!

Comment

grow a couple and keep them all

Comment

The WSM seems most duplicate, but you're not using the flat top, and can get a flat top for the gasser, and basically do all the same stuff without adding a new cooker. As I move more cooking to my pellet grill, I'm looking for more things to use on my gasser, and griddle is the first place I'm going.

I'd vote for the offset just to tweak the stick burners, but trying to be more mature.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Ours (Lodge) has a bit of a rim, don't make that much grease. The grill is infrared, so some overflow wouldn't much matter anyway.

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          Designed with a sloped, nonstick, semi-gloss enameled surface, the Weber Griddle drains away drippings and retains heat evenly for superior searing.

Looks to be slanted and have a grease trap. Also seems to lower closer to the burners for higher heat.

• Polarbear777
          Polarbear777 commented
          Editing a comment
          I use a baking steel griddle which has a rim. I do keep an eye on it and wipe it off with paper towels when the edge starts to fill.

I’ve had it overflow and ignite and I just shut the lid, backed away and waited, then recovered and kept cooking.

While I agree with the overlap comments, I do think you answered the question in the descriptions...

Comment

these options wouldn't be biased at all would they?

Comment

I voted for the Camp Chef, since you don't use it. But as much as it pains me to say this, I agree with SmokeyGator - the WSCGC with SNS replicates the WSM. Now, I have both the SNS/kettle combo and a WSM, and while I can advise YOU to let go of the WSM, I am not parting with either of them...

Comment

WSCGC with all of the stuff you added makes the WSM redundant. Between the stick burner, the WSCGC and the pellet pooper, I think you see where I'm going...

You need to clean up the griddle and use it more! Smash burgers, fire it up for the reverse sear after some time on the pellet pooper (maximize surface area for the maillard reaction), breakfast, cuban sandwiches, etc.

Yup. I'd get rid of the WSM. If you decide to get rid of the griddle, I'm more than happy to give it a good home

Comment

That flat top needs to go. I'll pay shipping if you break it down! ;-)

If you want to griddle stuff, you can do that on that big gasser next to it easy enough.

Comment

POLL CLOSED DUE TO CRAZY TALK!

Ha! Thanks for all the answers fellas! Some of you are nuts! . The WSM? You are on crack?? The off-set! I know who you three lonely people are that voted for the offset!!

And then there's one particular person voted for the WSCGC. I thought you were my friend!

This poll IS rigged!

LOL

Yea, I can make it fit for sure. But there was a reason for this thread. Making it fit is not the issue. Hell I am a Boeing Engineer. We specialize in stuffing as many people humanly possible into a moving cigar tube.

Some here that are newer, don't know the back story on my flat top grill. But I am done with it, even though I had two of them. So just like the last one that I gave away new in the box, I am giving this one away too. I have two other methods of flat tops that fit the WSCGC and the gasser. I love them and they work great for me. This flat top stuff just ain't my bag, even though I thought that in a past life I worked at a Waffle House.

jfmorris I can't ship brother I am afraid this thing is a beast for a flat top.

I'll donate this one to a VFW or something like the last one.

Thanks for playing along fellas!
                  Last edited by lonnie mac; December 19, 2018, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Good for you lonnie mac I was going to ask you what you did with the other one you received in the double shipment. That flat top needs a home that will kick off the rust and get that baby seasoned up again they are great cooking machines!

Comment

SmokeyGator said said above "Anayone sober."

Well. That leaves me out! What time do the polls close?

Comment

What?!!!! I just hit Lubbock and now you say that you're KEEPING the WSCGC? I thought we had a deal! Well, now it's happiness is Lubbock, Texas in my rear view mirror.....
                        Last edited by CaptainMike; December 19, 2018, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• lonnie mac
                          lonnie mac commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Man you should have stopped by brother! I was only another 600 miles away!

Oh no I've been caught, Now I have some explainin to do But first let me be the first to welcome you to the pellet head family. secret password and hand shake will come later. Now i know you have had a long term relationship with the offset. My pellet head brother , after having a Rec Tec for 1.5 years I can see your future and the offset will be a thing of the past. don't give me that sad look.
                        Crazy you say? I predict by the spring you will have had several successful cooks under you belt, and the great singer song writer lonnie mac will have the First top hit pellet head song on the charts.

Comment

• bten
                          bten commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The first rack of ribs will convince him

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here