Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold medal giveaway xmas wish list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Good-One Open Range. Of course the PK360 is gorgeous... Hmmm

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Tough Choice; both really Great Cookers!

+1 for the Hasty Bake!! (If it were possible for me to win)

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      As we say in NJ "fuggedaboudit"!

Hasty Bake or Good One!

Comment

Well I have the cooker I want now that I have the MAK, it does almost everything I need it to do... But I travel for work and the wife isn't interested in learning the MAK so I'd probably pick a gasser for her. I really like the idea of the Hasty Bake but it would just be another cooker she wouldn't want to learn.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        I cannot get my wife to use my gas grill even. I try to tell her it's just like the stove - turn the knob, push the button. Then again, its only a few times over the years when there was something that needed grilling and I wasn't around. I think she made my teenage son grill burgers in my absence or something.

I’d choose whichever item I could resell for the most money. Sell it, and buy a KBQ!

Comment

• Santamarina
        Santamarina commented
        Editing a comment
        EdF WHAT?!? I didn’t see it on the page when I looked yesterday. KBQ is my dream smoker!!!

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like it's off the list again. Oh well.

• Santamarina
        Santamarina commented
        Editing a comment
        Truly, it doesn’t matter if it’s on the list right now. It only matters if I win, right?!?!? 😂🔥🤣🔥😂

I have enough charcoal/wood cookers, so (if I were eligible) I'd pick either the Blaze gasser or the GMG I think. Lucky for me I'm guaranteed to not have to make such a hard decision.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Me either

Me too, Huskee! But if I played I'd have to try a KBQ. I don't understand the allure of gas grills -- I've always found them completely aggrevating. I seem to always run out of gas at a bad time...

Comment

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        I enjoy my Genesis for it's sear station, and my inability to have charcoal or stick burning on my condo patio. The high heat and quick heating make it a nice companion to the pellet grill, the sous vide, or just some thin protein or veg that needs some cooking. I have two tanks, so if I drain one in mid cook, I switch, and then go to refill the empty.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        My wife hates lighting charcoal, therefore never does it so if I ever got a gasser it'd be for her. I like charcoal/wood better, but I still like stuff off a gasser, it's all good to me.

• bten
        bten commented
        Editing a comment
        I am moving to a new home, bringing my gasser with me. I made sure there was a natural gas connection out back. I will convert my LP grill to natural gas and never worry about running out again.

Given my space, my limitations and my current gear, the Modern Home Products JNR4 might fit better than my Genesis 330. It would do what I use my Genesis for, in less space, which would let me deck breath a bit more.

If I were a bit more ambitious, and hadn't already experimented at a period place with marching food up and down stairs, AND hadn't just bought some nice steak knives, the PBC+Ergo Chef set looks might appealing. Even though the steak knives are serrated, which I don't like and I have a very nice slicing knife similar to the Prodigy.

If I were a bit more ambitious and wanted to muck around with charcoal, the PK360 would probably fit my needs the best, and as a "Kamado Killer" I wonder if I couldn't do bread on it...

That said, I'm not that ambitious, don't really want to part with my Genesis, and really hated trudging gear up and down stairs at my previous apartment, so am loathe to do it at my new one, even though it wouldn't be as bad, but would involve cooking within five feet of a dumpster... so would either A: take the SRF BBQ package or run a raffle to regift it.

Comment

Would be a very easy decision for me. I have a WSM 22, Weber 26 kettle, BGE XL, Weber 22 and a Smokey Joe. I'd take the Blaze gasser. Easy, easy and easy.

Comment

I’d have to go either with the SRF meat package, or the Napoleon portable. I have a Yoder YS640 and a Weber 22 which meet my back deck cooking needs well. I’ve yet to experience SRF Wagyu. But we do take occasional outings to the beach or park, so...
          Last edited by Texas Larry; December 7, 2018, 06:58 PM. Reason: Misspelled SRF. Doh!

Comment

My CharBroil Infrared is one foot in the grave, so the Blaze would be a strong contender for me. I just wish they still had the 4 burner available on the prize list. Though, to be honest - if the kamado cooker that had the propane option was good for grilling as well as smoking, I would be tempted to consider that and combine the two. Been thinking about going the other way and getting a pellet pooper that would be good for grilling. I just don't want to compromise by replacing two cookers with one and then find out it doesn't do either style well enough.

Comment

ok so I am attracted to the PK360 but since we have a Lg BGE and a Weber performer there is no need(but that never stopped me before), always wanted to try a HastyBake (now that idea has mushroomed into wanting a M1 and I blame this site for that), KBQ looks cool but slight fear of burning down the old homestead. would like to try a pellet pooper , maybe. So all these prizes are truly awesome and I would be thrilled if any landed in my lap. Especially if there where a lone starz off set. Just sayin .
              Last edited by Jon Liebers; December 7, 2018, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Easy, the most expensive cooker on the list !!! Why settle for peanuts when caviar is offered for free ?? I would think that was an easy decision but hey that's me. Guess it would be the KBQ, but I haven't checked the list recently.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here