Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pellet cooker vs Weber kettle from a 7 year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pellet cooker vs Weber kettle from a 7 year old

Each produces a different flavor profile, but both turn out excellent food! Last night, as often happens, my 7 year old daughter was tagging along with me as I was preparing to grill a couple of pork tenderloins for dinner. Out in the backyard, I found myself conversing with her about the differences between a pellet cooker and a Weber kettle. She actually seemed pretty interested in the conversation. As we were concluding the the talk ("the talk"...lol), I asked her which cooker we should use. Without hesitation she said the Weber... "it’s way more fun!" With an "all business" face, she then proceeded to help me light 2 chimneys of lump.

Pellets or lump, I just love how outdoor cooking brings people together

*This is no knock against pellet cookers as my 7 year old highly approves of pellet cooked food... she just likes to have fun when she’s helping

Raising her right, Brother!

Comment

That’s quality time with your daughter. And now you have it documented. I have 3 kettles so I agree with her 😊

Comment

It’s good she chose the Weber. It requires a more traditional hands on approach teaching bbq basics. No knock on pellets but it’s about as difficult as turning on your indoor convection oven.

You know my daughter when she was less than 10 followed me around, begging to help cook and actually did a pretty decent job. Well now that’s she’s a teenager even the mere suggestion of help returns a "yea right Dad, I’m busy" sort of look. Ahh such is life. Enjoy them while they’re young and innocent 😇

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          My 12 year old son loves ribs. Thinks they are the finest meal on earth, especially when I cook them at home. But I offered to show him the ropes the next time I cook something, and he had zero interest in doing that. When I asked him what he was going to do when he was grown up like me and wanted some BBQ, he said he would just have me do it!

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea or have GrubHub or UberEats bring it to him at the front door. I'm finding that there are more paid shoppers in the grocery store then live shoppers these days. What in the world have we become as a society? Oh well, too deep, going back to sleep now...later

Case closed, no polls needed here. Spoken from the heart, Weber kettle is more fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
          It’s good she chose the Weber. It requires a more traditional hands on approach teaching bbq basics. No knock on pellets but it’s about as difficult as turning on your indoor convection oven.

You know my daughter when she was less than 10 followed me around, begging to help cook and actually did a pretty decent job. Well now that’s she’s a teenager even the mere suggestion of help returns a "yea right Dad, I’m busy" sort of look. Ahh such is life. Enjoy them while they’re young and innocent 😇
          Yes indeed! We have all ages... from 2 to 24. I do NOT look forward to my current lil cooking companion going through her teen years and losing interest in helping ole’ dad :’(

Comment

Originally posted by smokin1 View Post
            I do NOT look forward to my current lil cooking companion going through her teen years and losing interest in helping ole’ dad :’(
            Not to worry. For a few years, you'll be the world's most embarrassing and dumbest human ... then your status will return to "World's Greatest Dad" (about the time she starts college) ... ... sons however, in my experience, take considerably longer to get over the teen years.

Comment

• MBMorgan
              MBMorgan commented
              Editing a comment
              SmokeyGator - Don't forget the bright yellow fedora, floral pattern Bermuda shorts, and pink seersucker shirt ... oh and a pair of sock suspenders to complete the picture.

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Topped off by a wide, white belt and spiffy patent leather white shoes.....wow !! Also cool to sport a lime green leisure suit...whow who !!!

• SmokeyGator
              SmokeyGator commented
              Editing a comment
              And look at what I have! Your baby photos!! Who wants to see them?!

Just remember that teaching her how to drink adult beverages while Grillin' and Chillin' will have to wait a number of years.

Comment

That's about the age when my daughter learned how to score a baseball game on a clipboard.

When she was in college I heard her explaining slugging percentage to her new boyfriend. I bent over and whispered 'you don't know how lucky you are'.

Now they're 30 and gave us our first grandson a year ago.

It starts with the little things - you just warmed me way UP.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here