Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st brisket on the PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st brisket on the PBC

15 pound prime brisket trimmed to 10. Dry brined overnight and just hit it with plenty of BBBR. Can't go wrong with Meathead and a PBC! Any suggestions on wrapping later? Click image for larger version

Name:	20181123_083239.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	596510

I let it go to after the stall, then I put in foil pan on top of a rack add a little juice, wrap in foil stick in probe and in the oven. Did the same as you yesterday. 14.5lb trimmed to 11.5 it took 8 hours to get out of stall. Temp in barrel was starting to drop anyway. I see you double hooked, good Idea.

Comment

I agree with HawkerXP . If you're going to wrap, I like to wait until after the stall to develop the bark. I prefer butcher paper to foil but that's just personal preference. The stall on my 12 pounder I did yesterday lasted about 7 hours, also USDA prime.

Let us know if you have questions bud.

Comment

PBC is hummin along nicely. Smell is heavenly. Click image for larger version

Name:	20181123_113149.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	596586

Comment

Shot before wrapping and taking to 203. She is now cozy in the faux cambro. Would have preferred more time for bark but time is not on my side. Slicing pics to come. Click image for larger version

Name:	20181123_150415.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	596674

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you kidding? That looks great. Meteorites are not de rigeur!

Not the prettiest presentation but everyone loved it including the ones that dont eat a lot of meat. Awesome flavor and plenty of leftover Thanksgiving sides to go with it. Click image for larger version

Name:	20181123_174454.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	596727

Comment

Congrats! Looks marvolous! Actually if you go to "show us what your cooking" post it looks just like mine. LoL!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here