Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Fruita wood size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Fruita wood size?

Gonna order some Fruita wood and was wondering what would be the best size chunks to purchase. 2x2 or 3x3? Will be using it in my kettle and PBC.

Don’t have a PBC, but for the kettle I think I would lean towards 2X2. Spread them out a bit and still have lots of room for charcoal. If you have enough storage, get both!. Always fun to have a choice.

Comment

I use the 2x2 in my 22 inch kettle with S&S. Works great. I love the peach and red oak.

Comment

2 X 2. They are good in ANY situation you may find.

Comment

I use 3x3 and a nice hatchet to make them whatever size I want. Can’t make them bigger after they are cut to 2x2!

Comment

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            You can say that again. 😎

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol!

I use 3x3 and a nice hatchet to make them whatever size I want. Can’t make them bigger after they are cut to 2x2!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Thanks fellas. 4x the thanks to Bendy

Comment

Well that was an easy decision to make. I'm getting both for the price of one! I ordered the 2x2 and they shipped me the 3x3 box which arrived yesterday. When I contacted them they realized they sent me someone else's order of 3x3 and that my order of 2x2 is arriving today. I was told to just keep the 3x3 as they would fill the other person's order on their end. Lucky me and good customer service!

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
                    fuzzydaddy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great day for you and definitely great customer service!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here