Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for reccomendations: best (mobile) rig to smoke meat for 15-20 people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I highly recommend Yoder 640l pellet grill.

Comment

I have recently seen these smokers on redditt. They are gorgeous. The company is located in Tuscaloosa, AL. Each smoker is hand built, with your choice of options. At least check it out. I have never cooked on one so I don't know how they cook.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Shirley's are incredible smokers. Among the best for sure.

• Nate
        Nate commented
        Editing a comment
        There is also a two year or more waiting list too.

I have a couple of Weber 22's and have increased the capacity by getting a Smoke EZ. I think it might work for what you want. Check it out at smoke-ez.com. Just a thought.

Comment

OK, 20 people at 1/2 lb cooked (for very hungry men), with a ~35% yield gives a desirable capacity of about 30 lbs. The KBQ can theoretically handle 60lbs, weighs 75lbs, but can be broken down to 3 pieces and the racks can be taken out for more breakdown. It's easily transported, but you will need an electric outlet. https://amazingribs.com/smoker/karub...-60-pit-review

Should I have been a BBQ lawyer?

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          No you should their national sales rep !!

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting idea Troutman - I'm getting bored with my current career!

Kind of a funny thread, we got everything from a $400 WSM to a $800 pellet cooker to a $1400 KBQ to a $2500 Shirley, take your pick. I think a little bit more info on fuel preference, storage capability, types of meat cooked, budget would all be helpful to narrow it down. But hey, I'll take 'em all, I'm no hater !!!

Comment

I would think it isn’t difficult to put a vertical gravity fed smoker on a trailer. Just don’t forget to add patches or use tiedowns to keep lids and stuff in place.

Comment

I don't know if it would be applicable, but Rec Tec has a competition cart for the RT-700 Bull. I think you would need a truck with a ramp to make it at all portable... https://www.rectecgrills.com/competi...ull-or-rt-680/

Comment

I went with the 22 wsm. I did some mods on it. I added wheels, a rotisserie ring, some handles and extra grates.
              Now when I cook, I load up my food trailer with already cooked food then down the road I go with the wsm strapped down in the trailer.
              When I get onsite I set the wsm up and fire it up.
              (The smell attracts em from far away, they come for miles).
              With the rotisserie ring added, I can now cook 24 lbs of pork shoulder, 25ish lbs of brisket, tray of beans 2 spatchcock chickens and 8 racks of ribs in 1 cook. And still have room for a dozen chicken legs (stood up on end). And that is just in 1 cooker. (Talk about an over load). I’m real pleased with the quality of the taste also.
              And if your wondering the longest it has taken to cook was 10 hours (with different meats placed at different times. The shortest was 6 1/2 hours (shortest time was last Sunday. Temps went all over the place and the brisket came out perfect. I suspect it was due to not having that much meat in the cooker and without the rotisserie (I only did 1 shoulder, 1 13 lb brisket, 1 chicken and 16 legs).
              A pbc would work also if ya mod it to have wheels also.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here