Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discounted Weber Performer Premium needs parts - Worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discounted Weber Performer Premium needs parts - Worth it?

My lovely bride was in Home Depot when she saw a black Performer Premium marked down to something like $225. She decided to buy it for me and sent me a message about the purchase. I was shocked to say the least (she is just that awesome).

When I stopped to pick it up on my way home from the office, I finally got to inspect it. It was obviously the floor model so it's been molested pretty good. But there were some things missing that I couldn't put my finger on. But I decided to load it up in the truck to get it to the house and see what I'm in for. But I should have known that I was in for a project when we were loading it into the truck and one of the 8" wheels feel off (no hub cap/retainer) and the wheel cover was broke.

After getting it home and locating the manual online, I went through each assembly step to narrow down everything I needed to get. What I ended up with was a list of 11 different small parts (in quantities of 1 & 2) that are needed to get it assembled and ready to go. It is also missing the duel charcoal baskets but I already have a pair of those for my Kettle. I tried to find the parts online but they availability is limited so I'm going to call Weber customer service today and see what they can do for me.

I guess if I get a price from Weber on the replacements and it's less than the cost of a new one, I'm going to keep it.

So what say the Pit? Get the parts and make it whole or return it and get a NiB Performer and save the hassle?

Oh, and Happy Friday!

Nuts and bolts type stuff should be available locally, and cheaper than through Weber. Of course, you will need to make sure anything you buy locally is the right size.

I'd still call Weber. Their customer service is very good, and they might just send you the small parts.

Comment

This is the reason I doubt I would ever buy a pre-assembled grill at a big box store. I don’t trust their workers to not leave parts off.

Comment

It would be worth contacting Weber. Floor model or not, I'm sure they wouldn't want their stuff out there with missing hardware when it was just purchased from a retailer.

Plus, just think of the points you will have earned with your lovely bride if you are genuinely happy with what she brought home, instead of returning it.
        Last edited by Steve R.; October 5, 2018, 07:09 AM.

Comment

I am betting Weber makes it right once you get a hold of them today on the phone...

Comment

Topper says "Weber rocks !!"

Comment

Here's a great source for parts if Weber is unable to help you: https://www.grillparts.com/

Comment

Love Weber.

Comment

Originally posted by jfmorris View Post
                  This is the reason I doubt I would ever buy a pre-assembled grill at a big box store. I don’t trust their workers to not leave parts off.
                  I’m the same way. If it’s not still unassembled and in the box, I don’t want to risk it.

Comment

Well now I know why I love Weber.

Gave my sob story to the customer service representative. After she got the Performer registered (and confirmed my ownership of a brand new Kettle plus two 22.5 WSM’s), she did say that because this was a pre-assembled floor model it was common for them to be used for parts and therefore the replacement would be my responsibility. BUT, she also said she would discount the order if at all possible.

I gave her my list of 11 parts and after she totaled them up she said that because it was under $50, Weber would send me all that I needed for free!

Weber truly understands customer service.

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
                      Dadof3Illinois commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That’s why it’s important to register all Weber’s!! They sent me new burners for my gasser and a complete new lower 26 kettle because one of the leg holders cracked. Super company!!!

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's friggin' awesome. Guess the money must flow pretty strong thru that place .....

Wow. Great customer service! Weber rocks.

Comment

No I ROCK....signed Topper....

Comment

Weber!

Comment

My Performer came with a huge advertising sticker on the shelf. I used a coarse sponge to remove it, and some of the gloss to the finish came off. Weber sent me a new shelf, no questions asked, other than address to ship to.

Comment

I had a similar problem with a pre-assembled Char Broil gasser I bought from Home Depot years ago. I could tell as I rolled it from my truck to the back porch that there were several structural issues, but I didn't have the luck with their customer service that you had with Weber.

Which is why I'll only buy Weber from now on. Maybe a PBC. I hear their customer service is also outstanding and ... they just don't have a lot of moving parts.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here