Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

solid weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

solid weekend

so, if on Friday you would have told me that the weekend would hold: 1 full day of bachelorhood, 3 meals cooked on a new cooking device, and the acquisition of a new cooker....I'd have taken any 1 of the 3. I got all 3.

an impromptu visit by my BIL - that required 0 time from me (thanks brother) meant I had a Saturday to myself. I turned that into some Philly cheesesteaks on my new griddle master insert in the genesis. while shopping for that, I nabbed some stuff to make my favorite breakfast mash-up this morning. When heading up to see her bro, the general also asked for smash burgers for tonight, which I was more than happy to oblige.

But then this morning a weber performer popped up for sale and the guy only wanted $75. I couldn't fire the truck up fast enough and I acquired that cooker. a date with the pressure washer and a big-ol fire inside cleaned her up quite nice. she's in great shape! only thing wrong was a somewhat suspect wheel. fortunately the wheels I took off my WSCG (and saved!) were a perfect fit. even the plastic table top is in great shape (though a metal version from the newer versions is not far away).

not all weekends are quite this good - but this one certainly was. Have a great week all.
    Attached Files

I'd take that weekend.

Comment

It doesn’t get much better than that!

Comment

Uhhhh... the performer looks brand new?!?! Great score and great weekend!!! Well done. I need to hook up some steak and cheese again soon.

Comment

• xaugievike
          xaugievike commented
          Editing a comment
          yep, it's in nearly perfect shape. guy was moving and said he just didnt use it. timing is everything and I benefitted today.

Sweet. I been pumping water on all weekend, when I shoulda been huntin'.

Comment

Nice score. I had the whole week off and have nothing nearly as nice to show for it.
          Great weekend for sure.

Comment

Sounds so sweet, a perfect trifecta weekend!

Congrats, amigo!

Comment

Awesome! Don't get much better than that.

Comment

It must be nice to be you! LoL I've been looking at Performers also. Nice score!

Comment

• xaugievike
                  xaugievike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've let several of them go..many have popped up for $100-$150 but they were always just a smidge too far away. $75 was more than worth the 40 minute drive, especially given the condition.

GREAT SCORE - and I know!! If it's less than 10 years old and that plastic table top cracks, I think you get the metal as a replacement. I think the Gen 2 you have ran through 2009.

My CL performer table top may break soon...

Click image for larger version

Name:	CL Magic 2.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	573375

Comment

I think I’ll take pic #2, nah pic #4, nah pic #6 , nah ..... oh to choose, good day!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here