Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Q tidy up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro Q tidy up

I don't know how many US guys know of the Pro Q bullet smoker. Good bit of kit for reasonable money but the early ones didn't have the quality of the later ones.
    I have an early one, must be around 5 years old now. Legs all wobbly, vents loose, basically after my last motorsport weekend I was going to leave it for rubbish and buy a new model.
    Cooked a couple of good meals that weekend and thought, I'll give it one last go, take it home and give it a tidy up.
    I gave it a good clean, created some drain holes it never had. Removed all ancillaries, gave it a bash back into shape with a hammer and refitted everything with new fasteners and slightly stronger better quality bits.

Really pleased I did. For less than £10 I have a smoker that is now nice and stable, vents all nice and tight. The only thing the shop didn't have was any high temperature sealant so I'll try and source some tomorrow and get it a little more smoke tight.

Looking forward to cold smoking some cheese now on my rejuvenated smoker. ​​​​​​​

Can you post a photo of this/your cooker?

Comment

Comment

Great recovery!

Comment

Wow, looks terrific, you’ll get another 5 or 10 easy, out of it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here