Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petromax - Anybody got one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petromax - Anybody got one?

Came across a new product last night.
    Found a few shopping links but very few video reviews, in English anyway.

Has anybody heard of this one?
    Anybody got one?

Looks ideal for camping trips as trying to get the Pro Q in the car can be a challenge.
    Looks a good product but stability may be an issue.

https://www.petromax.de/en/px-produkte/griddle-and...

Their stuff looks interesting, but I can't give an opinion.

Comment

Rick101, Like RonB I Have No Opinions Or Experiense To Relate❓ It Kind Of Looks Like The Old Plow Shear Type Of Grill/Griddle❓ I Guess They Worked❓
      OBTW: Welcome To "THE PIT CLUB"‼️ What Took You So Long❓ You Are About To Meet Some Of The "BEST FRIENDS YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD"‼️ (Quote:smarkley - Deceased)
      You Wii Find A World Of Info Here Free For The Asking❗️Fair Warning, Don't Let These SOB'S Get Their Hands In Your Pockets❗️
      Eat Well And Prosper❗️ From A Backyard Cremator In Fargo ND, Dan
      Last edited by Danjohnston949; August 10, 2018, 07:19 AM.

Comment

• Max Good
        Max Good commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, it is based on the Northern Mexican discada. The first discadas were plow discs set over a fire and used to cook meats and vegetables in a simple sauce that could then be eaten with tortillas and/or rice and beans. Manufacturers such as FireDisc now make them specifically for cooking.

Looks like a cool concept!

Comment

Looks interesting, just look out for der cookies um dei Natzung webseit.
        Last edited by FireMan; August 10, 2018, 08:36 AM.

Comment

I would just go with a discada and propane burner

Comment

Just looked handy for travel with the removable legs and could also double as a off the ground fire, work with a tripod dutch oven etc.

The other option is the small rectangular Weber but I'm thinking the Petromax is more versatile

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here