Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions requested, re: what cooker do I need next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

customtrim questions are good ones, but I think you are suffering from a severe case of MCS. Anything different from what you have will do, but without answering those questions you might regret it later. Or you could just keep on dreaming.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometimes, jus sometimes...Dreams Come true!

Funny, must be something in the air as last week I posted on the PBC forum asking a similar question. I have a Weber gasser, PBC and Big Chief electric smoker for fish. For what it’s worth, I’m leaning towards the Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, with the KBQ a close second.

If I had the room, I’d add a dedicated propane griddle like the Blackstone. Instead i’ll probably add something like the Baking Steel or a griddle.

Comment

Cookers I Currently Have - Cookers I Don't Have = One Each of all That's Left

That leads me to the Open Range. I like the versatility of radiated heat up front and convection smoking in the back, all without an offset to tend to. I imagine it supports burning near anything combustible up front, and you could load a piglet in the back and get a dead-even cook across the full length. I like the rectangular shape, so you can set a griddle of your choice up front for conduction grilling.

I can't imagine what it can't do.
      Last edited by JGo37; August 7, 2018, 03:46 PM.

Comment

As I read through this, it fits to what I have been thinking about. Different kind of units that would be fun to cook on. Stick burner would be great, perhaps charcoal if I wanted, having the ability to raise or lower right above the fire. I’ve been reading and watching videos on LSG stickburners but the three types of cooks are fit into another type of cooker I’ve looked at - M1 by M Grills. They look solid and seem easy to use. But I don’t know much else about them.

like you, I’m in nor rush. Not even sure if I want anything other than a Weber 22”. So, I’ll keep going on, but thought I’d mention this one to you.

Comment

• JGo37
          JGo37 commented
          Editing a comment
          Grab the limited Weber 22 from True Value while it's still $ 100.00. I have one, and easily customized it to expand it's versatility.

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. I did check on these and it’s not available where I am. I do have a kettle currently, I call it my $30 wonder kettle! And love it.

Pk360 great very useful grill that does a lot. I love mine.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here