Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boat grilling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a marine magma 15 inch kettle grill I mounted on the front mine. It is a SS propane grill. I found it to be too hot. So I called Magma. and they send me a smaller orifice, no charge. It work's much better now.
    I mounted it similar to picture #2 above.
    As other's have said I would stay away from charcoal.

I had the rail mount but was not happy with the location. Because not to many places to put it and use it comfortably. So I changed location to the front.
    Last edited by randy56; July 30, 2018, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Slick!

I had the regular West Marine brand SS Grill. It Rocked.I remember it was significantly less expensive that the Magma brand and this one lasted about 6 years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0417.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	540441Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0853.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	540442

Comment

• Donw
        Donw commented
        Editing a comment
        Seeing that grill on the sailboat brings back so many memories of good food after a long day of sailing with the family. Thanks.for,posting.

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        Brings back memories for me too....The Great Recession ended my boat ownership days.

I would personally stay away from charcoal for grilling on a boat. You really do not want to have lit coals damage the deck or carpet on the boat. I would stick with a propane powered grill for boat use.

When I had a boat, I used to carry an old Coleman propane powered table top grill, and use that both on shore if we beached the boat on an island or river bank, or on the boat. If I did that today, I would look for something like one of the Weber Q series that can be used table top or on an optional stand. Some of those above that mount to a pontoon boat railing would be nice.

Having owned a boat though, and grilled on a boat, my biggest advice is to stay away from charcoal. Wind and embers and a charcoal chimney will invariably not be a good idea on a boat.

EDIT:

Seeing now that there are grills intended for marine use, I would go that route, so that it can be properly and securely mounted.
      Last edited by jfmorris; July 30, 2018, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here