Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safety tips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be aware of the temperature of your equipment, whether charcoal chimney, grill, or whatever. The lid of your gasser might be fine to touch when running at 225, but will probably leave a mark at 500. Don't ask how I know.

If you turn on the gas and your ignitor doesn't get things going quickly, turn it off and wait a few minutes.

Comment

Most important! Don't eat yellow snow...

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's the First Thing Eskimo Women Teach Their Kids‼️ My Mother Tried With Me❓❓
        From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Do not forget to burp a Kamado when you're opening it after it's been going unattended for a while. Fire is a quick and easy way to trim eyebrows, eyelashes, hair, etc.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a big one, sez the guy who singed his eyebrows - once.

Always check to see if the propane bottle valve is closed before connecting it to your pit. Especially the exchange ones. Seems a lot of them are not closed and they rely on the internal check on the bottle valve. I did not realize this, and got a lot of gas escaping during a hot switch out.

And always light a gas pit with the lid open.

Comment

Do not carry the good stemware to the human sous vide bath..

Comment

When in the woods, do not (I repeat) do not use pine cones as toilet paper. The squirrels will thank you

Comment

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            I am adding Poison Ivy/Oak to your short list.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here