Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does AI recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does AI recommend?

Tried the just released GPT-4 and most everyone on this forum are smarter:

ASKED: What's the best smoker for the home cook

ANSWERED:
    When it comes to choosing the best smoker for home cooking, there are a few factors to consider, such as price, size, ease of use, and type of fuel. Here are some popular options:
    1. Electric smoker: An electric smoker is a great option for beginners or those who want a more user-friendly option. It is easy to use, and there is no need to worry about maintaining a fire. It is also typically more affordable than other options. Some popular electric smoker brands include Masterbuilt, Bradley, and Char-Broil.
    2. Charcoal smoker: A charcoal smoker is a traditional option that provides a more authentic smoky flavor to your food. It can take a bit more time to learn how to use and maintain, but many people prefer the taste of food cooked on a charcoal smoker. Popular charcoal smoker brands include Weber, Kamado Joe, and Big Green Egg.
    3. Pellet smoker: A pellet smoker uses wood pellets as fuel and provides a similar taste to a charcoal smoker. It is typically more expensive than an electric smoker but easier to use than a charcoal smoker. Popular pellet smoker brands include Traeger, Pit Boss, and Camp Chef.

Ultimately, the best smoker for you will depend on your preferences and needs. If you are new to smoking and want an easy-to-use option, an electric smoker may be the best choice. If you are a more experienced cook and want a more authentic smoky flavor, a charcoal or pellet smoker may be a better fit.

Ask it to prove Fermat's Last Theorem.
    It took about 358 years for a mathematician to solve. If it can I will take its advice on what my next smoker will be. 🤯

Comment

• Murdy
      Murdy commented
      Editing a comment
      You're burying the lead. There was a 358 year old mathematician?

Well once a robot, always a robot. The dang brain has no idea bout PBC or the Oakie Joe or the SnS with the slow n sear (and a Weber kettle) fer that matter. Mighty fine smokers they are in the charcoal category.

Comment

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      Well it does now cause I’m sure it’s following you……😳😁
      FireMan says…….

For a basic answer to that question, this is pretty darned good I'd say. Pretty similar to what I'd say if a pure beginner asked me that. Starts with the simplest information, not a comprehensive list of all choices. Presumably the user could then, for example, ask "Tell me more about charcoal smokers" and see where it goes.

But make no mistake, the swift advances in AI we're seeing definitely alarm me. Sure seems like a short throw from what we have right now, with these kinds of AIs and autonomous robotic vehicles and weaponry, to Skynet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	180
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	1391669

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      The only robot I listen to is WALL-E... or the Roomba

• Murdy
      Murdy commented
      Editing a comment
      And what is the Roomba telling you?

• DaveD
      DaveD commented
      Editing a comment
      Roomba: "This sucks!"

I'm at an research educational technology conference right now and the hot topic is AI / ChatGPT. It is nearly all anyone can talk about. It is a unique blend of awe and quiet abject horror.

But, I did have the best fried shrimp and oyster po'boy of my life for lunch. (We're in New Orleans.)

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I love shrimp and oyster po boys….where did you eat at Michael?

• Draznnl
      Draznnl commented
      Editing a comment
      Forget this AI stuff, let’s hear about @Michael_in_TX’s New Orleans eating experiences. 😂

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

The Main and glaring problem is Pellet smoker/Grill is listed third and should be Number 1.

Comment

How to make AI pork ribs? Boil first!
      AI terrorists win.

Comment

The words "Intelligence" and "Masterbuilt" are oxymoron's..

Comment

LSG was not mentioned....

Comment

Technically, aren't Pellet smokers also "electric smokers" ?

Comment

If you take the guts out of a robot it could almost be a smoker.

Comment

• Allon
                Allon commented
                Editing a comment
                Set it ablaze... It'll smoke...

I see AI is just like me—master of the obvious🤣.

Comment

Great.......more ways to suck the soul out of BBQ.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here