Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yoder pizza oven, I dove in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoder pizza oven, I dove in

Just saw the ad for the new Yoder pizza oven insert. It actually met all my needs so i said why not be a Guinea pig and ordered one. I have confidence in Yoder so what the heck, i finally pulled the trigger. I'll post some results...

I'm watching this one for sure.

Comment

• captainlee
      captainlee commented
      Editing a comment
      If i receive it this week, definitely a pizza cook this coming weekend.

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      It looks very interesting and versatile

How hot does a Yoder pellet grill get? MyTraeger can get to 400F I think. I have the Primo pizza cooking attachment for my XL and it gets to 700F quickly. It was C$330 on sale from my dealer. I have used it once and it works good. From what I have read it takes a while for the pizza stone to get hot up to an hour some say.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0BC5A361-1221-432B-A04A-D7726BB48E7A.jpg
Views:	917
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	1309195

Comment

Looks like a cool accessory; hope you like it!

Comment

Well the MCS just kicked in. Almost ordered but want to hear your hands on before finalizing the order. What peel are you going to use?

Comment

• captainlee
        captainlee commented
        Editing a comment
        I have an aluminum peel and a perforated peel. I also have the sliding cloth one which i know won't work with this oven. I'll just have to try whatever, I've got lots to learn

• captainlee
        captainlee commented
        Editing a comment
        Oven is scheduled to be delivered Wednesday but its common to be delayed a day up here in the mountains. I'm building with Habitat this week so i won't get to play with it until the weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221022_125537.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	224.9 KB
ID:	1312492 Just finished my first cook, fantastic and I'm a pizza snob. First off unit was shipped FedX, packed great. Very heavy duty construction, the bottom heat defuser is 10 gauge steel. My cook today was half out of the garage as we have 30 mph winds. For our pizza party tomorrow, same winds and snow. Pre heat was longer than they claimed, but i was dealing with wind and we live at 8500 feet, so everything you cook here defies the rules. I have to say this was the best pizza i have ever cooked. First time trrough i was very satisfied with the color, top heat was great cheese colored well. The crust was great, i can learn how to get a lttle more consistent color to burnt, but first time in I'm more than satisfied. The bottom of the pizza was crispy for about 1/16 th plus of an inch and the balance cooked but moist. Great dough structue and you could easily fold it in half like a NY style pie. Tomorrow we will be doing a variety of toppings. More than satisfied and i can't wait to start making the wide variety of dishes possible in the wood oven. If you havea Yoder smoker and are interseted in a pizza oven, this is the unit. One of my requirements was that the oven had a door. I'm always dealing with wind here living in a high altitude valley. You can operate this with the smoker door open or closed. Attached is the very first pizza out of oven. My standard dough recipie worked perfectly.
      ​​​​​​​

Comment

• captainlee
        captainlee commented
        Editing a comment
        The way it was acting on the pre heat i think my thermostat was acting up. I had a new one in stock so i changed it out and hopefully i was correct.

Nice work. Can you post pics of the setup sometime?

Comment

Picture of the installation. You can see the flames licking up that sloped section on the left side.
        Attached Files

Comment

Congrats and great lookin' pie.

Comment

• captainlee
            captainlee commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, that's one of my larger crusts for crust lovers.

Thanks for taking the plunge. Now it is time for a “Honey, guess what I’m ordering tomorrow.” 🙂

Comment

• captainlee
            captainlee commented
            Editing a comment
            Go for it, apologize later.

I have one ordered from the local Yoder dealer. Can’t wait for it to arrive

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here