Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is adding a verttical smoker box to an off set worth the cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is adding a verttical smoker box to an off set worth the cost?

I have been looking at the 20 Old Country Angus from Academy....is the box worht the extra money?
    UR Models from JJ, LSG, and the Backyard Chef series from Klose have the same set up.
    (add 1300-1500 to a LSG Off-Set)

I have had an Okie Joe for years...need more space and will try to sell my okie for a couple of hundred to "OffSet" the cost...

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Bad Hat BBQ; December 11, 2021, 07:42 AM.

Well I will say if you’re looking for more real estate, cooking wise, Than absolutely the side box will fit your bill.

Comment

Just my opinion. If your cooking focus is on friends and family, maybe with an occasional cook for work or a club, I would say no. The vertical stack, as opposed to a vertical smoker, just adds room for larger quantities that you want to cook or keep warm. Need to produce several hotel pans of some sides, doing some catering, then add the vertical stack, otherwise put the money into adding quality to the offset itself. On the other hand, if you want a vertical stack, then get it. I believe you should get the cooker that makes you happy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here